1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CVT/Cascadia Tents Group Buy Event -2014

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Cascadia Tents, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 20, 2014 at 10:38 PM
    CASTRATE

CASTRATE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    SW of Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SR5 6spd
    Not me... except for the 1 AM thing. Had a whoppin' 8 hours of sleep since Thursday

2. Apr 21, 2014 at 2:45 AM
    Cascadia Tents

Cascadia Tents [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Bend, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Betty White
    Good morning,

I can understand your frustration and I do apologize. I have not been on this forum for awhile or any other. I am behind on emails and phones also. This is no excuse. This is also why I get up early to play catch up but as you can tell I have failed. Please accept my sincere apology.

Kind regards,

Bobby

3. Apr 21, 2014 at 3:23 AM
    PNW/TRD Steve

PNW/TRD Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD
    ImMrYo Rear view mirror lift bracket. Changed out mud flaps. Salex glove box organizer. OEM Ashtray (cup). AVS Step Shields. 16x8 SCS F5 Matte Jet Black. 265/75 16 Cooper St Maxx. OME Bp-51s. U.S. Offroad Winch Mount (in process) Smittybuilt x20 12k synthetic winch (in process) More....
    Not trying to be a jerk but untwist those panties.:p
    Tacoma world was not the only place that the group buy was done, check Expo portal as well. What this means is that the Tacoma world list is not all-inclusive. There will be other purchasers from other forums that should also have their tent shipped to them in proper order. They have been flooded with emails, queries and phone calls. They may have bit off a little more they can then they could chew considering they're relatively small operation. But tell me this, can you really beat 30 percent off?
    Furthermore it seems that you are asking for some of the tents to be shipped out of order of purchase.
    Regardless of the situation, this is unfair to all of the other buyers who eagerly await their purchase.

Bobby is the one that handles all of the communications, purchases, inventory , website and the business itself.
    I just don't like seeing a good business bad mouthed when their only real fault is being overwhelmed by more than expected quantity of orders.
    And once again why did they have so many orders? Because they offered such an excellent deals to all of you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. Apr 21, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    gravedgr

gravedgr dirty Ford driver

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Alpharetta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 DCSB TRD Off Road (Blue) - gone
    Method Racing Mesh wheels (17x8.5), Cooper ST Maxx tires (285/70/17), Toytec Ultimate lift (3"), Wet Okole seat covers, WT mats, Gemtex mirror, CF stubby antenna, scoop hood, painted grill surround, SOS bumper, SOS bed rack, Tepui Autana RTT, Engo 10k winch, bed lights, under hood lights, diff breather, 12v bed socket, 31M battery + battery monitor
    Thanks for getting back. Early morning/late night and weekend are also my work mail catch up times.

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

We have 4 orders, from first day to end of month. What I'm trying to make sure is that our first-day-orders don't get delayed because they are flagged for a group order (that they no longer want to participate in, due to the delay) that is scheduled to ship later. In other words, I'm trying to make sure folks get their tent shipped in order, not ahead of schedule or behind schedule.

Expecting Bobby to reply in 24 hours would certainly be unreasonable, given the work required by the order. 10 days is not unreasonable. I'm certain Bobby appreciates the opportunity to address the issue - no business and no person is infallible.

5. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    I'm sorry to hear that your experience thus far has not lived up to expectations. I would guess to say that this is not the norm for CVT. My personal experience with Bobby and the crew has been stellar - I was having some minor issues with my tent last week and emailed him about my concerns. He responded within an hour or two and we got everything sorted out. Knowing how swamped they are with orders I wasn't expecting such a quick reply.
    I hope you can get things worked out with them!

6. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    got some great use out of my CVT last week...even the cows stopped by to check it out :D

[​IMG]

those of you who got in on this...enjoy :thumbsup:

7. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    I'm sure this must be very time consuming for CVT and although personally I'm anxious to get mine I know it takes time... I did reach out to them via PM this morning just to get the status of my order as I order mine on day one and I will be in and out of state for the next few week for work related...
    It's a little discouraging learning that there are people waiting on communication from 10 days out and others got a reply within an hour

8. Apr 21, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    gravedgr

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Alpharetta, GA
    Vehicle:
    Method Racing Mesh wheels (17x8.5), Cooper ST Maxx tires (285/70/17), Toytec Ultimate lift (3"), Wet Okole seat covers, WT mats, Gemtex mirror, CF stubby antenna, scoop hood, painted grill surround, SOS bumper, SOS bed rack, Tepui Autana RTT, Engo 10k winch, bed lights, under hood lights, diff breather, 12v bed socket, 31M battery + battery monitor
    My guess is that, basing his plans on last year's results, he vastly underestimated the demand and is scrambling to organize, ship and notify.

Based on reputation, I expect he'll sort it out. :)

9. Apr 21, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Did they try to use the ladder as a scratching post?

That wasn't the intent of my post. I was just trying to reinforce that, in my experience, they are on top of things.

I would suggest that you guys try to contact them directly via email or by phone and not through PM, you may get a faster response that way. Depending on the account preferences that Bobby has selected for the TW account he may not get email notifications for PM's and won't know that you guys are trying to reach him unless he signs on.

I think you're correct on both accounts. This years GB was way more popular than anyone could have imagined and they will do what it takes to make sure everyone is taken care of.

10. Apr 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    I know you did not intend to point that out like that.... i did not mean to make you feel I was using your statement to cause trouble, and like I said before I understand it takes time but I could not help to notice it in which it can be discouraging to some that been waiting on some type of communication ... but I'm sure your email probably got filter different as he most likely had an answer for you right there and then vs the 100s of emails which regards of order statuses while he's still sorting things out...
    I just reach out to CVT this morning so by all means I have no complaints....
    my apologies if I made you feel some type way....

11. Apr 21, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    PNW/TRD Steve

PNW/TRD Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD
    ImMrYo Rear view mirror lift bracket. Changed out mud flaps. Salex glove box organizer. OEM Ashtray (cup). AVS Step Shields. 16x8 SCS F5 Matte Jet Black. 265/75 16 Cooper St Maxx. OME Bp-51s. U.S. Offroad Winch Mount (in process) Smittybuilt x20 12k synthetic winch (in process) More....
    Ah, the second post provides the finer details!:duel:

Comprehension wasn't too bad considering my sleep deprivation.

Perhaps I should not post when in such a state.:facepalm:

Anyway, my apologies.
    It was not an attempt to call anyone out or be obnoxious. It seems that it is hard to find good customer service these days. I am talking everything from attitude to down right fraud.
    CVT is not one of those companies. The reviews on this TW, Expo and other sites support that statement.

Of course, I am the guy who waited three months for a $230 bipod. And yes, if memory serves me, I called about three times to check on fabrication and shipping.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  12. Apr 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    :cool: no apologies needed...I just wanted to make sure that my comment wasn't taken out of context like I was bragging or something. Just wanted to back up my praise of their customer service.

13. Apr 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    :thumbsup:

14. Apr 21, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    gravedgr

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Alpharetta, GA
    Vehicle:
    No worries. When I bang out a post or email between meetings, I sometimes go back and read it again and wonder who stole my laptop.

:cheers:

15. Apr 21, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    BikinCO

BikinCO Member

Member:
    Coastal Georgia
    Vehicle:
    GMC 2500HD
    Buckstop Outback front bumper Ranch Hand rear bumper Warn 9.5xp Bilstein 5100 Cognito UCAs MA Pump Rub kit Alligator Transmission Cooler Lines
    Mine is getting closer. I just got the call from FedEx in Savannah and they are delivering it on Wednesday!

16. Apr 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    GANGGREEN

GANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm not complaining but just pointing out that I ordered around lunchtime on the first day of the GB and haven't received my tent or been notified that it's been shipped. I'm hoping that it slides in this week because I've had a camping trip planned for a few months and was REALLY hoping to use the CVT on this trip.

17. Apr 22, 2014 at 8:46 AM
    phisohex

phisohex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    pat
    Rocky Mountains, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2002 Double Cab TRD Tacoma
    I also ordered on first day of gb, i was told id have it in time for my camping trip on april, 15. That came and went. Now i get no email replys and left 3voicemails, no reply..Very frustrated...

18. Apr 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Ordered on the first day as well, didn't even know we were supposed to be expecting to have them by now haha

19. Apr 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    I don't think bobby was expecting 200+ tent sales. You'll get your tents don't worry. Bobby is no slacker.

20. Apr 22, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    GANGGREEN

GANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm not the least bit worried about getting the tent, I know that Bobby's busting his butt to get them all out but I think he posted several days ago that he was almost through with the first day's GB orders and I haven't seen or heard anything yet, though I ordered fairly early on the first day.

Now I have a camping trip planned for next week that's either going to require me to sleep on the ground (never my favorite thing, especially in wet spring weather), get a motel room at substantial cost or cancel my plans altogether. Honestly, even if he got it shipped today, I might be out of luck because it likely wouldn't arrive in time.

I do understand that it was a huge GB event and that he sold a ton of units. I'm trying to temper my disappointment with the knowledge that he's doing his best but I can't help but be disappointed because certain assurances were made at different times. I also hope that Bobby doesn't become so frustrated that he'll just refuse to do a group buy in the future because I think the substantial discount probably allowed a lot of people to purchase tents that may not have otherwise been able to justify the cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top