1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dad teaches daughter a lesson. funny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by takern, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Was he a bit hard on her?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2014.
  1. No

73 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. Yes

16 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. She got what she deserved.

234 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. Feb 13, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    01TacoBuz

01TacoBuz Well-Known Member

Member:
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    K&N drop in filter, URD rear simulator, Deck plate mod/home made CAI, No rear cat, MagnaFlow muffler
    Exactly
    This didnt happen overnight, Im sure the daughter did a lot of what the dad didnt go over in the video

Teens thesedays have no clue how good they have it until they lose the things that they take for granted, they are so ungrateful it isnt even funny

Will she learn a lesson from what her dad did? Probably not anytime soon

I remember when I was 15, I thought my dad was the dumbest man alive

When I grew up and had pay my own bills, buy my own groceries, buy my own gadgets/computers/cell phone and pay for everything in my life

I thought back at what my dad was trying to teach me as a teen, it was at that moment, I realized just how smart my dad was

The daughter will one day realize how ungrateful she was as a teen

2. Feb 13, 2012 at 4:26 AM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    Good for him. Thats the problem with alot of this generation.They want everything but most dont want to work for anything. They think society owes them everything.They dont respect people or other peoples property.Some dont even respect themselves.I hope he follows thru with what he said. More parents should be like him.There would be less problems in the world.

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
  4. Feb 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub

It seems to me that this wasn't the first time she had done it. i understand taking it over the first time...repeat offenses is when stuff like this should be done

I am 19, My parents were strict, but never did anything like this...then again, i never did anything like that.

this is how parenting should be, lessons a kid will always remember.

like for me, my mother decided to remove the tv from my house for 9 months....never whined about having to get off the TV again, and learned to enjoy reading

he shouldn't have shot the laptop though....should have sold it, made her take the money from the buyer and give it to him.

On a side note, there are parents who do make their kids do everything for them like a slave. judging by this guy, he isn't one of those. I have met one of those and their parents.....its not pretty

5. Feb 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    jodiddly33

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    yeah it's hard to tell with only one video (from the parent's point of view) what the situation at home is really like

6. Feb 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    i just wanna shake that guys hand

7. Feb 16, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Looks like dad has some major psychosocial issues! Kids are gonna say nasty things about us. Get over it! Time for dad to grow up don't you think?!

8. Feb 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    jodiddly33

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    ^exactly what the article I posted states

9. Feb 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    True, but even dads have feelings and are imperfect

10. Feb 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    that was a good article. did a great job of summing up all of the negative ways this situation was handled. While it is true that kids today are generally spoiled brats who believe they own the world and it owes them everything, a 15 year old girl will be a 15 year old girl and bitch about anything and everything and exaggerate whenever possible. Finding the post, getting extremely upset and disappointed, and in this case shooting the laptop was a pretty good, and stern way of getting the message across to the kid that putting it all on facebook was the wrong thing to do, all were fine and probably did their job of teaching a lesson. but making a video of it went way too far, then the video getting 29 million views made the situation 29 million times worse. imo it should have stayed a family issue. hell just posting a picture of the shot laptop on his daughters facebook with a little message would have been enough, but the video made it too public.

11. Feb 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    redes

redes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Offroad
    double car seat mod
    I don't generally care to comment on how other parents raise their kids. What I will say is:

That is not how I would have handled it.

And I doubt it will be effective. High school age kids empathize over the reactions over their parents. Posting this kind of message in a public sphere may generate support among the daughter's friends that could embolden her or paint her into a corner where she cannot back down without loosing face with her friends.

12. May 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    tacomafide

tacomafide Cheese it in there!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport+Leather Pkg.
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    Guys a douche.

13. May 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Guy's a good father.

14. May 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    tacomafide

tacomafide Cheese it in there!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport+Leather Pkg.
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    Hey man I love using weird stuff for targets, but c'mon. We get it already.
    Just yesterday I was contemplating chopping the sons iPod touch with an axe, but c'mon.

I think it's one thing to do all that, even video the whole deal to show to daughter and it's another to put that stuff on YouTube.

I say he's an attention grabbing whore douche.

Ha, I asked Siri how to spell douche and she knew!

15. May 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Good video. I want to see the daughter's response now. lol

16. May 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    You are a douche for calling the father a douche.

Products Discussed in

To Top