1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dallas Area Experiences

Discussion in 'Texas' started by mjp_tx, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    TXBulldawg

TXBulldawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver 4Runner SR5 4x4
    In progress...
    Thought I'd bump this since it helped me in my recent purchase. I recently totaled my '01 Taco, and I was under pressure to find something else before I'd have to end up paying for a rental. I had no clue what I wanted... I was looking forward to having my Taco paid off in a couple of months and was planning on driving it into the ground. Another impatient driver had other plans, however.

Anyway, I spent a couple of weeks playing email tag with several area dealers. I was looking at Tacomas and Xterras.

I'll give a huge +1 to Toyota of Fort Worth. Specifically, Meghan in Internet sales. Of all the dealers I dealt with during those two weeks, she was the most responsive, literate, no-bullshit person I talked to, and she consistently gave me the lowest quotes on various Taco configurations. Even the dealers who would supposedly price match wouldn't come close to her figures. Dealing with Meghan was a great experience.

Now the finance guy, he's another story... I thought I was gonna have to get up and walk out on him and his manager before convincing them I didn't want any extended warranties. I guess they got the picture as my face, neck, and ears started turning beet red and I started raising my voice. In all fairness, they did secure me a great interest rate.

2. Dec 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    mjp_tx

mjp_tx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the feedback, I updated based on your experience. I worked with Meghan over the phone as well and by the time I got there the deal was done and ready to go. I brought my own financing so I didn't have to go through that nightmare.

3. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    skb7527

skb7527 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4X4
    Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT tires with America Outlaw Sheriff wheels, Bilstein 5100s all the way around, OME coils, Toytech ICONS HD leafs, debadged, removed pin stipe, chopped tail pipe, weather tech floor mats, Leer color match topper, Toyota bed mat, homemade eight ball gear shifter and 4XInnovations weld on sliders
    Pat Lobb in McKinney is Awesome! I bought my wife's Highlander and my Tacoma from the same salesman there. No complainants of their sevice dept....

4. Aug 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
    How is Toyota of Fort Worth's body shop? I got rear ended. :mad: I am no expert but I believe my frame is bent. Bed is misaligned in relation to cab. Any good collision repair shops someone can recommend in Fort Worth. If not guess I will try Herbs in Dallas.

5. Aug 24, 2011 at 9:05 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    Check out Clark brothers in Arlington. They are on pioneer parkway. Their work is nothing less than perfect. Everyone I know uses these guys and it's the perfect work and service that keep people coming back.

6. Aug 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM
    cohrmundt

cohrmundt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    4.88 nitro gears, Detroit rear, Projector headlights, Relentless Fab custom bumpers and sliders, 6" Pro Comp suspension, all pro leafs, 37x13.5x17 toyo open country tires, method racing wheels, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, DTLT headers, K&N CAI, URD MAF calibrator, grillcraft grill with 30" and 20" led bars behind, windshield mounted 50" led bar, Infinity 6x9 speakers, Custom box w/MTX 7500 10"sub, MTX 1200 watt amp, blue led gauge cluster and radio mod, URD short shifter, fiberwerx fenders
    depending on how hard you got rear ended, the frame may not be bent... you might just need to have the bed re aligned, ive had to get mine re aligned before, cost about 200 bucks, but everything will be straight again

7. Aug 25, 2011 at 4:52 AM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2
    One time, when I was in the dallas area, I went to a tool concert, found a couple of beans, had to fight off some crackheads and crackwhores, and ended up asleep at the six flags.

8. Aug 25, 2011 at 5:02 AM
    maser

maser Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    I know a lot of members here have had issues with 4WP, but my experience with them at their Ft. Worth location was top notch. Fast, good work and communication. No probs or vibes w/ my lift ( 6 mos. )...aligned straight as an arrow.

9. Aug 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    TacoMan1991

TacoMan1991 Pissed Off

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner,Painted things
    dumped exhaust, blacked out tails and third brake, fog light mod, painted rear bumper,rims and front grill,Cobra 29 special edition added.
    Does anyone live near Irving?

10. Aug 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    cohrmundt

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    4.88 nitro gears, Detroit rear, Projector headlights, Relentless Fab custom bumpers and sliders, 6" Pro Comp suspension, all pro leafs, 37x13.5x17 toyo open country tires, method racing wheels, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, DTLT headers, K&N CAI, URD MAF calibrator, grillcraft grill with 30" and 20" led bars behind, windshield mounted 50" led bar, Infinity 6x9 speakers, Custom box w/MTX 7500 10"sub, MTX 1200 watt amp, blue led gauge cluster and radio mod, URD short shifter, fiberwerx fenders
    yes, check out the TX BS thread... lots of us round these parts

11. Aug 26, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    AndrewPiering

AndrewPiering Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Dallas, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Any other feedback on Toyota Richardson? Had a good experience buying from them. Low pressure sales, finance was a breeze. Also, 4WP in Plano seems pretty knowledgeable. Not too sure about pricing though. Seems a bit high. Only had my truck for less than two months, still bone stock. A lot of changes coming soon!

12. Aug 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    I had a decent buying experience at richardson in 2007. Earlier this year my friend had some issues with a salesman being rude and the manager not much more help...

13. Aug 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

03TRDtacotrucker No Road. No Problem.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    03 SC double cab TRD SR5 4X4
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    4wheelparts in coppell by grapevine mills mall is a great place for service and parts, know the manager Doug there for awhile and has always given me great work on my truck. About 90% of the parts for my truck are from there including my lift kit and 4.88 gear installs.

14. Aug 29, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    my bad didnt see your post awhile back. When do you plan on moving back?

15. Aug 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    And ill give alittle up date.

Once again Pat Lobb Toyota is where its at for me and anyone in the area, go there. if you want great service talk to Robert McMillan, he takes care of my truck and will go out of his way for you. if you want custom work done to your truck like leather and what not talk to Hutch Hutchinson, he does great custom work.

Also x2 with what TRDtacotrucker said about 4wheelparts in coppell, got my lights installed there, great people and good prices

16. Aug 29, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    cohrmundt

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    X2

this is the only 4WP i will go to, the mechanics there actually know thier shit too!... they have bad ass sales all tha time as well since this one is a distribution center

17. Aug 29, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    haha they did a hell of a great job on your truck man

18. Aug 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    runyun

runyun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irving/N. Grand Prairie
    Vehicle:
    02 Silver TRD DC
    Anyone know of a dealership that will do the TSB (intermediate steering shaft) for those not having a warranty?

Mines started to rattle and it's driving me nuts

19. Aug 31, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    Fodder4U

Fodder4U Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    The Colony, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 Stock for now.

x3 On the Coppell location. Steven is the guy to talk to there for me. Have been dealing with them for years when I had my Jeep. I never had them install anything as I do almost everything myself except gears but always got the 'hook up' on parts from them. And opposed to Plano the Coppel store has almost everything actually located there. Only thing I every had to have ordered that they didnt have in stock was a set of Pro Comp MTRs.

20. Aug 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

Let me know where you do this....I'm feel a lot rattle/vibration in my steering wheel did not know there was a TSB. :(

Products Discussed in

To Top