1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dallas Area Experiences

Discussion in 'Texas' started by mjp_tx, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Aug 31, 2011 at 5:23 PM
    runyun

runyun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Irving/N. Grand Prairie
    Vehicle:
    02 Silver TRD DC
  2. Sep 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM
    JstreetS

JstreetS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB
    -6" Procomp -18" Method Race Rims -285/70R18 (34.1x11.5) Toyo MTs -TRD CAT Exhaust -Trifecta Tonneau
    bump, this thread was very helpful! Thank you!

3. Nov 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    JstreetS

JstreetS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB
    -6" Procomp -18" Method Race Rims -285/70R18 (34.1x11.5) Toyo MTs -TRD CAT Exhaust -Trifecta Tonneau
    Adding to this forum -

I had an awesome experience dealing with Rock and Roll Offroad - I will pull together a build thread here in a few weeks once my truck is complete. They were awesome to deal with and made things happen fast. I know they have a reputation of being pricey however I found them to be very easy to work with and actually beat a 4WP's quote for 6" lift, 18" Rims, Tires and install by almost 10%!

I highly recommend them based on their reputation and quality of service. I am really looking forward to getting my truck back.

4WP in FTW was easy to deal with as well. At the end of the day, I just preferred to work with R&R Offroad - they have some sick trucks there!

4. Dec 16, 2011 at 12:28 AM
    rdm197aps

rdm197aps Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport 4x4
    ARB bulbar WARN M8000, OME/Dakar, enough recovery gear to yank a GEO Tracker outta ditch!
    DO NOT go to Auto Body of Denton... for anything... ever... PLEASE!!! I brought them my truck last April when we had the big hail storm near Cross Roads. i explained to them that i was keeping my truck to pass it down to my son when he turns 16... in 16 years, and was ensured by the owner that he would supervise the repairs personally. they had to replace all body work on the driver side, including the roof. after approx two weeks, received a phone call that the truck was ready and looked perfect... i was told that no one would ever know it was repaired.

when i went to pick up the truck, i could tell from about 20 yards away that the paint was at least two shades darker on half the truck, and the TRD sticker was the wrong font/style. closer inspection revealed the seal around the rear window was cut to pieces, and they felt it proper to remove a LEO decal from the back glass, and the rubber pieces on the roof where roof rails would be mounted were so loose that they popped off the truck when i touched them. I pointed out the paint error, and the other errors, and the owner looked at me like i was crazy.

after another week of waiting, they returned my truck to me with a new paint job on the entire truck... they painted it the wrong color, to match the wrong color from the repairs. at least they replaced the entire rear window to fix the seal.

drove the truck for a few weeks when one of the rubber things on the roof flew off on the highway. i don't know if it hit someones car, or a motorcycle rider, or where it fell off. i returned the truck to them for a third time and was so ticked that i threatened to beat the owner. I'm lucky they didn't call the cops. took them a day or two to fix that...

one day when i was driving north on the DNT, i noticed something flapping in the wind behind my cab, turns out it was the other rubber piece that fills the gap on the roof for roof rails. fixed that one my self with a strip of 3m tape... then i discovered multiple tiny little burn marks in the carpet that appears to be from a mig welder, and other fit and finish problems... even though they supposedly warranty their work for life, that place makes me so sick and mad that i cannot go back there. if i do have to go back to that place i will probably end up in jail, which is bad because I'm an officer.

So, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, DO NOT GO TO AUTO BODY OF DENTON.

5. Dec 16, 2011 at 1:29 AM
    rdm197aps

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport 4x4
    ARB bulbar WARN M8000, OME/Dakar, enough recovery gear to yank a GEO Tracker outta ditch!
    oh, on a positive note, Excalibur muffler shop in Corinth is a good place. owner operated in his back yard, great service, walked in with no appointment and he hooked me up with a flowmaster clone, and dual chrome tips... soon as i get off my ars and take photos, ill post my "build"... if anyone gives a crap...

6. Dec 16, 2011 at 4:49 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    I give a crap...

:p

7. Dec 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    ditto!

8. Dec 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    rdm197aps

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport 4x4
    aight... let me figure out how to upload stuff on here and i'll post some pics. i'm workin this weekend (sat - tues) so i'll take some pics next week and gettem on here

9. Dec 19, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    oso

oso Well-Known Member

Member:
    frisco texas
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc
    leather,satoshi and more to come
    I've heard bad stuff about bodyshops all around dfw area not just this one and believe or not all the bodyshops that insurance companies use are absolute crap, they say that they warranty all their work as long you own your car, but if you think about it they just want the insurance money.
    I have a bodyshop that I go to and actually is the best " FOR ME" since I like my cars and trucks to be perfect,they have done several of my cars and they are guaranteed, you wont be disappointed they are not expensive at all and they do great work, they are in Dallas area near 635 and 35, they have worked on my z06, evo x and tacoma and always been very happy with their work
    If anybody needs them give them a call
    J&M AUTOSERVICE 214-392-2127

10. Dec 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    StZu

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    I am a big fan of Herbs paint and body, also it doesn't hurt to know the owner.

11. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    bassfan

bassfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White Double Cab TRD Sport
    5100s Eibachs
    I just traded in an 07 taco for a new 2012 at Toyota of Fort Worth. They were literally $4112 better than anyone else in OTD price with trade. Was very happy with the customer service as well. If anyones going in there, work with Greg Shea he's more on the management side I believe but he wasn't a BS'r at all.

Went to Freeman and Durant as well but nowhere near the price and didn't get a great feeling either. Had to wait twenty minutes at Freeman before guy would see me. Lame

All done now and I'm happy.

12. Jan 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    SmoothFox

SmoothFox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    DFW TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    CBI Sliders,PIAA Lights, 5100's, 4 leaf pack.
    Another +1 for Toyota of Fort Worth. I had my leaf spring TSB done there just before x-mas of 2011. They stressed on two separate phone calls about a stiff harsh ride if they did the leaf springs but that's it. Was done with no further grief. Also got my blower motor TSB done. I put my 5100's on after the leaf spring TSB and love the lift. All for 290 bucks after alignment and paying a shop to do the coil springs. :yay::yay::yay:

13. Jan 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    mjp_tx

mjp_tx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Front page updated.

14. Jan 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    PlanoTaco

PlanoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    N. Dallas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit w/Dakar Leafs, Light Racing UCAs, XD Chrome Monsters & Nitto AT 285/60R18, AMP Research Power Steps, WeatherTech DigitalFit Floor Liners & Stone/Bug Deflector, BAKFLIP F1 Tonneau & BAK Tiedowns, Redline Hood Lifts, OEM Bedliner, PopLock, Spare Tire Lock, Cut 4" off OEM Antenna, Ultra-Gauge, Tinted Windows, Entune Stereo, Console Vault, LEDs-Backup, Dome, Map Lights.
    Big shout out for Toyota of McKinney. Checked with 5 dealers around the area and they were the best price, let me see the invoice, and was able to swap out the predators for the bars I wanted. Matt in sales did a great job, and Hutch is very knowledgeable in service. I did talk to the guys at Xtreme OffRoad in Frisco and found out from Toyota of McKinney these are the guys that do all the Lifts/Tints for the dealership in McKinney according to the parts Mgr.

15. Jan 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    skb7527

skb7527 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4X4
    Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT tires with America Outlaw Sheriff wheels, Bilstein 5100s all the way around, OME coils, Toytech ICONS HD leafs, debadged, removed pin stipe, chopped tail pipe, weather tech floor mats, Leer color match topper, Toyota bed mat, homemade eight ball gear shifter and 4XInnovations weld on sliders

That is were we got my wife's Highlander in '08 and my Taco six months later. Everyone there is real nice.

16. Jan 21, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    StZu

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    Patt Lobb is where I bought my truck 2 years ago and where we bought the wife's Prius in December. I will not use another dealer, and it helps that my wife runs with Patt Lobb's niece.:)

17. Apr 1, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    Flatman

Flatman Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    +1 for Toyota of Fort Worth....no hassles with my purchase last week. =)

18. Jul 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    rdm197aps

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport 4x4
    finaly got some pics of my ride. looking forward to going to bridgeport ohv park in a few months if anyone is interested...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Aug 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    CowboyTaco

CowboyTaco $20 is $20

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport
    Toyota of Dallas: -1 Sales. +1 Service
    Texas Toyota of Grapevine: +1 Service
    CSP or Creative Style Performance (or something like that) in McKinney: +1

I can elaborate on any experiences if anyone is interested.

20. Aug 31, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    mjp_tx

mjp_tx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    front page list updated

Products Discussed in

To Top