1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Damn electrical problems!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by fireturk41, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    okay remember a few months ago both my head lights went out at the same time, well today my corner lights tail lights dash lights radio lights and map light died, the day before my clock spring died (airbag light is on and horn and Cruise dont work) my fire lights also quit working my trans is dieing and i keep getting check engine codes for my transfer case short circuiting and keep randomly popping into 4wd, not to mention my u joints need to be not greased but replaced and my head lights still need to be fixed from my wreck in Jan.

summed up to close to 5k not including the new transmission and the fact that i recently did a SAS because it was cheaper than replacing my obliterated IFS

also i have a job over the summer that is over 100 miles away one way on my mud tires, its gonna eat them up

not to mention that i am now broke and need to borrows mommys money, she doesnt want to fund it or buy me a new old truck grrrr

not to mention i have to drive to school and i got warned by a cop that if he sees me again im getting citations

Fuck* now back to the question, wtf do yall think my electrical problem is, plus i go through head lights every 3 monthsish

2. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    there.s some grounds in your wire loom. Some wires have worn through. Start looking in the easy to access spots (under the dash, behind the glove box, under the hood) if you can't find any worn wire its time to tear your dash apart my friend. don't think it'll be an evening job.

3. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
    Damn man, sounds like you should have gotten a new truck rather than doing the sas. I wish i could help ya man, but electrical stuff is just confusing, ill keep a look out for a Tranny for ya thou, cause im always checking craigslist.

4. Jun 2, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i got a trans, it cost 1,100. i dont regret the sas though

5. Jun 2, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Fuses or parking light relay for the light problems.

6. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    both are still good

7. Jun 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    SampleFool

SampleFool Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    If all those are going out at the same time its either a power supply or a ground prob, I would guess more of a gorund because that what it is most the time. Couldnt hurt to tear it all down and snoop around the wires.

Products Discussed in

To Top