1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Damn, Toyota is brown nosin!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gtmiller1001, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    gtmiller1001

gtmiller1001 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab TRD Sport V6
    BHLM, Painted Stock 17" sport rims black, 3" Toytec coil overs with 5100's, AAL, black bull bar, TRD filter, parrot bluetooth, anytime foglights, debadged, removed mud flaps, added bed lights, grillcraft, Wet Okole's, Weather Tech's.....and traded in for a Tundra
    Well, I've read all over this forum about crappy dealerships, haven't seen that many reps for good ones. Until today, I would NEVER go to a dealership for ANYTHING! That all changed...

I have a 2006 with 50K+ miles on it. I learned about the rear leaf TSB a few months ago (was obviously still way out of warranty). I know some others on here have gotten this performed outside of warranty, so I didn't feel too special when the Toyota dealership in little 'ole Tyler, TX decided to do mine as well. I already had an AAL in the rear that I had gotten from Toy Tec, so the dealership obviously agreed to break apart the pack and take it out so I could install it on the new TSB leafs. I go to pick up my truck and my ENTIRE old leaf packs were in the bed of the truck, AAL and all. The tech said they were going to scrap them anyways and he didn't feel like taking apart the pack, so I could just take the whole thing home with me! I know these things aren't exactly worth that much, but it's just nice to get free shit sometimes...one mans trash is another mans treasure type thing. I'll go ahead and plug myself here by stating that these leaf packs are for sale in the buy/sell/trade section:D

Anyways, got the TSB done outside of warranty, may have made a little extra dough if these old leaf packs sell and they didn't screw up one thing like I've heard so much about lately (replacing with the same 2 leaf pack, replacing the shocks on TRD trucks, etc).

No I don't work for Toyota, no I don't work for the parts dept and sell on the internet, I'm just damn impressed with Classic Toyota in Tyler right now. I have no idea if there's even anyone on this forum (besides you Keith) from Tyler so I don't know how much good this will do. If there is though and you need to go in there for service, talk to Margret, she's a badass and was extremely helpful. I have my stock rims rattle canned black and she made damn sure that the guy working on the truck was careful enough not to chip the paint on the plastic centercaps (seems those are the only part that ever chips).

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    Ty's Taco

Ty's Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner SR5 Sport Pearl Black
    Ask visa or my wife. They both constantly remind me how much I've got left to spend.
    That's cool, personally my dealer is horrible. I've had them do only two things to my truck and both time it cost me more to fix their mistakes than if I had just done it myself to begin with.

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That had to make you feel all warm inside ,

OZ

4. Mar 30, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    dbarn

dbarn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4X4 V6
    Had the same experience as you just a few miles down the road at even smaller, Marshall Toyota. Got excellent service. Longview BTW had never heard of the TSB and wanted to inspect.

5. Mar 30, 2010 at 4:40 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I will give credit where credit is due. I commend these dealerships on their thorough understanding of what customer service is and understanding the concept of doing something a little outside the box to benefit the customer thereby promoting future visits for service as well as possible future sales of parts or new vehicles down the road. Excellent! Now, if they could just pass that knowledge on around to other "dealerships" that do not understand........

6. Mar 30, 2010 at 4:46 AM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    That's awesome OP!

7. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    My bet; someone at Classic Toyota read the thread on TOD shitty customer service & has seen an oppertunity to gain some business. Smart move on their part, it will more than pay for your leaf pack!

8. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    gtmiller1001

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    BHLM, Painted Stock 17" sport rims black, 3" Toytec coil overs with 5100's, AAL, black bull bar, TRD filter, parrot bluetooth, anytime foglights, debadged, removed mud flaps, added bed lights, grillcraft, Wet Okole's, Weather Tech's.....and traded in for a Tundra
    It's funny you say this. I was talking to Margret, the service advisor that took care of this, and told her about that thread (post repair). I told her how these little bad service issues can turn into the potential downfall of a dealership through these forums. That's one of the main reasons I posted this, I really feel that if someone treats you right you should recommend them.

Not too sure about them reading that thread in the beginning of my TSB experience though. They didn't seem to know about it until I brought it up. I don't think too many people in Tyler have gone in for this fix.

9. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I'd prefer to think that there are still a few places out there that operate their business in this fashion on their own without the cohersion of possible fallout from internet forums.......BUT, if that moves the retarded dealerships to act more like the good ones then so be it! I'm good with that too. Hoping this way of doing business becomes contagious...especially in this fucked up economy. Geez, don't the dumbass ones realize the state of the economy and the fact that it's a buyers' market out there right now in every facet of retail? If they'd take their nonthinking greedy scamming heads out their asses once in awhile maybe they'd realize it. Good story here, balanced reporting is good for all.

10. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    :cheers:^^ Amen to that brother!

11. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 Mid-Travel 4x4 DCSB 6spd
    Kings Mid Travel, BAMF bed rack, RTT, dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    I think you inspired me to try and finally get the TSB done. I'm in the same boat as you, 50k+ miles and have the AAL and, and I figured I had no chance of getting it done. I'm gonna try now, theres like 6 dealerships in the area, I hope 1 budges.

Any suggestions on what to say?

12. Mar 30, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Longview Toyota...:rofl::rofl:

They tried raping me when I was looking for a truck, guys thought they had gold in dem dar trucks and couldn't explain anything about the TRD Offroad or Sport. I had a Titan at the time...

I said...later I'm going back to WI and getting the same truck for 2k less.

(my wife is from Longview)

13. Mar 30, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    gtmiller1001

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    First thing I did was call the dealership. They told me I HAD to call the Toyota of North America cust service number. I was on hold for an hour and a half, no lies. I basically described my problem to them straight from the TSB. I told them that if I had approximately 300 lbs in the bed that it sagged and bottomed out over small bumps. They started a case, gave me a case number and sent me off to the dealership.

I went in to the dealership and talked the service advisor who talked to the service manager (or some mangager, not too sure). He said he'd have to get with his district guy or whoever is above him and get back with me. He called back a day or so later and asked what he would have to do to earn my business. I straight up told him that if he took care of this for me that I'd buy my next truck from him (planned on that anyways). That was all he needed to hear. He relayed that info to the higher ups and it was a done deal. From start to finish it took about 2 weeks to get all of this handled. That duration was due in part to my busy schedule though. Just be courteous, don't threaten them. Basically give them the info they are looking for when they ask. Don't go all in at first and tell them that if they hook you up you will be a customer for life. I was told that it would have been an even quicker decision had I bought anything from them in the past: vehicles, service, etc. I have (and always will) do all my own maitnence. If you have a dealership you have gotten your oil changed at or one you have purchased from I'd go there first. I was told (whether it was a pile of BS or not) that Toyota is big on customer loyalty. They want to earn your business. If they can eat a $1400.00 set of springs to gain a customer who will recommend them to others they will. Right now is the optimum time to get this done. Toyota's name is being smeared everywhere you look, so they are desperate to do anything to maintain a good customer base.

It's a lot to digest, but I hope this helps. Go ahead and print off the TSB so you can have it handy in case they do not know about it. Just tell them that you did some research on ways to alleviate the problem you are having and that you stumbled across others that had the same problem on an online forum...which led you to the knowledge of the TSB.

Good luck!

14. Mar 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Country

Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    I bought my 2010 from Classic in Tyler cant say I was to impreesed with them in anyway, James Frank was by far the worst sales rep I dealt with, I have never dealt with them since i picked my truck up from them.

15. Mar 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    gtmiller1001

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    Can't comment too much on the new car side of things but the service was great. A coworker of mine also bought his 2010 there and loved the experience. That being said, for everyone that has a positive retail experience somewhere there will be someone with a negative one and vice versa (for the most part at least).

16. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    Rouen in Maumee OH was top notch in my dealings (sales and service)

Jim White lost any all business from me due to the sales hole.

Schaumburg Toyota is iffy. Service is ok, sales is a joke.

17. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Beechmont Toyota Service in Cincinnati Ohio sucks. They tore the leather in my mom's Camry when she took it in for her first oil change (3k) and said they didn't do it. I made an appointment to get my trans. fluid changed in my Tacoma and they called me and said I never ever had to change it, I told them I wanted it done anyways, since I had made an appointment and it was there to just change it. They told me they didn't have the equipment to do it therefore couldn't do it. I asked them why they allowed me to make an appointment for something I couldn't get done? Kerry Toyota in Covington KY is much better. I'm going to try again to get the rear suspension TSB done.

18. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
  19. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
  20. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    jammdogg

jammdogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    13 Spruce Mica DCLB
    6" ProComp lift on 35 MT's. ARB Bumper.
    I received some good service from my dealer her in OR. My 2007 DCLB has a bent tailgate. Took the TSM into the dealer, and the adviser says my truck is not included. This was at 35,950 miles BTW.

Re-read the TSB yesterday, and my truck IS included. Spoke with the service manager this time, and calmly explained the situation, and told him that I was unhappy that this played out the way it did.

Net result, he ordered me up a new tailgate, and will honor the TSB, as I had spoken with them regarding it prior to the 36K miles.

I feel much better now that my shiny truck will no longer have body damage!

Jammdogg

To Top