1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dasaita Head Unit for 2nd Gen Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mcgrath.travism, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Aug 26, 2020 at 8:23 PM
    Naszero

Naszero Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    I looked at a picture of mine and I have the same CANBUS unit. All the markings are the same sans the serial number.

I would check all the wiring and pins and make sure everything is good. I waited 21 days for my replacement wiring harness because mine came with wires that were severed at the terminating pins.

How are you connecting the backup camera?

2. Aug 26, 2020 at 8:28 PM
    Fistgar

Fistgar Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport LB 4x4 MGM
    Satoshi grille, painted engine cover, 20% tint on windows, OME 3" Lift, TSB in the rear with ToyTec AAL, , tinted tails, Hella 500's. 1" body lift
    After researching I don’t think the backup camera works with this harness. All of the connections appeared fine as well. If you have the same canbus as me, would you mind letting me know what settings you are using? Maybe something there is wrong...

3. Aug 26, 2020 at 9:56 PM
    Naszero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    In my 2009, I have the XM antenna and the AUX connectors not plugged into my harness. My truck came with the reverse camera image in the rear-view mirror. I had to modify a RCA cable and tap into the rear camera video source by the driver side kick panel. The other end of that RCA end went into the "CAM IN" in the wiring harness. I also ran another wire and tapped into the reverse signal in the driver side kick panel. The other end of that signal wire was connected to the "BACK" wire in the wiring harness.

nudavinci64 likes this.
  4. Aug 26, 2020 at 9:59 PM
    Naszero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    And by the way, I am getting background sound/static when the volume is on but nothing is playing. :violent:

5. Aug 26, 2020 at 10:08 PM
    nudavinci64

nudavinci64 Robert @ Holy Horsepower

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Mateo/Cayucos, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 S/C TRD OffRoad 4x4
    Boosted Money Pit....
    You need to go into the settings for the Canbus and select a setting for it to work. Its been awhile but select the highlander or camry I think. Its listed here somewhere in this thread a few times. I had the old harness non canbuss and was able to set the controls. when I added the canbus I had to redo it and you need to select the vehicle then you can set all the controls and such. Not clear at first but that should take care of your issue.

6. Aug 27, 2020 at 4:57 AM
    Fistgar

Fistgar Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Satoshi grille, painted engine cover, 20% tint on windows, OME 3" Lift, TSB in the rear with ToyTec AAL, , tinted tails, Hella 500's. 1" body lift
    I’ve tried the RAV4/Camry selections in the canbus options but to no avail. The unit stays on and will not turn off even when the keys are removed from the ignition. My accessory stuff stays on as well which is super weird. It also doesn’t recognize the rear speakers as “rear” but they still produce music which I also find odd. I attempted to reset to factory settings which caused some Bluetooth errors with Zswift app but after connecting to my home Wi-Fi it was resolved (I think). Just in case there’s some switched wires or incomplete connections, I’ve ordered another canbus from Amazon because I’m tired of dealing with the shipping from China. I figured out that the remaining two harnesses were aux and gps so I won’t be bothering with them. The backup camera I’m going to totally redo with an aftermarket to get better resolution anyways and bypass all of the tapping into places. I won’t have it in my mirror anymore but I’m cool with that if I can get it on the head unit. I’m not an Android guy so it’s all pretty new so I’m having to learn as I go. I really appreciate all of your help and this thread has so much information that it’s easy to get lost! I’m really hoping that this is just a setting issue.

theolee likes this.
  7. Aug 27, 2020 at 7:56 AM
    Arrowshot

Arrowshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4X4
    A Crap Load
    Got a reply from Saita. She sent me a link to CarPlay software (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjxe0H7mpbLIG_uboS_D3wHVWYDnpF85/view?usp=sharing) and said to download it to USB drive and install it with the Dasaita APK app. WIll let you know how it goes. Was not aware Android 10 did not support the Agama software.

8. Aug 27, 2020 at 8:01 AM
    Naszero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sorry I'm using Android Auto so I'm not super familiar with CarPlay, but doesn't the ZLINK app control both Android Auto and CarPlay? Mine came with it installed.

9. Aug 27, 2020 at 8:27 AM
    Arrowshot

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4X4
    A Crap Load
    My bad. The file you download is Car Launcher.

10. Aug 27, 2020 at 7:22 PM
    Fistgar

Fistgar Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    After more messing around, I’ve got it working pretty much as intended with two things that are really bugging me. I still can’t get it to turn off when I turn the ignition off! Even the accessories will stay active but will turn off when the system goes through a restart after a setting change.

The other thing is that I can’t get it to differentiate between the front door speakers and rear door speakers. They all play but when using the equalizer, it treats everything as front speakers only. If I move it to rear door speakers, the sound completely goes away.

I have a different canbus with wiring harness coming tomorrow to see if something was not wired correctly because this problem seems to be pretty unique to my installation. I’ve set the canbus to the Camry/RAV4 and was able to program my steering wheel controls easily. The one thing that I haven’t done is update the firmware. I’m going to wait and see what the new canbus/harness does before I start messing with firmware.

Are there any “must know” or “must have” settings that I’m missing?

11. Aug 28, 2020 at 2:55 AM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    In the eq, there's a section that says Specialized. Turn the fader on and see if that works .. ill post a pic later

12. Aug 28, 2020 at 7:08 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    Had a weird glitch. The sound cut out on the music after hanging up from a phone call. Play music didn't work, nor the the music app, or youtube. Only the bluetooth, radio, and auxiliary audio would work. At first I thought my music on the memory card just got corrupted but it wasn't it either. I reinstalled play music and all went back to normal. No idea lol but it's working great again lol *shrugs*

theolee likes this.
  13. Aug 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM
    theolee

theolee www.nickleecreations.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma SR5 Pre-Runner AC 4.0
    Was it google play music?

jpereira2[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Aug 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    yup yup. I have been using the app forever and it just kind of randomly happened.

theolee[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Aug 28, 2020 at 12:17 PM
    theolee

theolee www.nickleecreations.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma SR5 Pre-Runner AC 4.0
    Mine started doing that too. Google is slowly fazing the app out. Absolute BS.... They want you to transfer over all your stuff to YouTube music app and tie up your music and make you pay a subscription. :mad: They're basically pulling an Apple. This is really disappointing, I've used that app for years. It's so user friendly.
    :annoyed:
    Screenshot_20200828-120825_Gmail.jpg

16. Aug 28, 2020 at 2:09 PM
    Arrowshot

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4X4
    A Crap Load
    Just to give you an update on my install.
    1. Had all kinds of issues getting my apps to install from Google Play. After a lot of back and forth with Saita she sent me links to download files that actually rolled back my version of the MCU and the system file. Installed them and successfully downloaded a few apps then it stopped working again. Ran the two files again and finally got the last few apps I need for now (Agama car launcher, ON-X hunting (even works with my GPS), Poweramp full version, Waze). Version 10 of the Android software obviously has some issues but glad to get them resolved for now.
    2. Unit is definitely a warm bugger. Plan to eventually install an additional heatsink and maybe fan on the core cpu. Youtube has some videos showing how.

Fistgar likes this.
  17. Aug 28, 2020 at 3:53 PM
    Fistgar

Fistgar Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    So I’ve tried a new canbus and wire harness but the HU still won’t turn itself off when the ignition is off. I‘ve never done anything to the factory wire harness and I’ve searched all over for a setting that may be causing this. I’m officially stumped.

*update*
    I started unplugging some of the other inputs to the back of the Unit. It turns out that the front camera power is causing my problem!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    theolee and jpereira2 like this.
  18. Aug 28, 2020 at 8:23 PM
    Naszero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So after a week of use these are my issues:

1. Background static, especially when Bluetooth is connected.

2. USB doesn't charge worth a damn. I think the HU's USB are 2.1v, my phone not only doesn't charge but it loses a couple of % when playing podcasts.

The unit does run warm but other than those issues, everything else works. When I plug in my phone, Zlink automatically recognizes my Android phone and plays my podcast where I last left off :thumbsup:

theolee likes this.
  19. Aug 28, 2020 at 8:35 PM
    $yoda$

$yoda$ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4.0
    2.5 inch lift, 285/75r16s, upgraded stereo system, Magnuson mp90 supercharger system.
    How much did you pay for this unit? Imo those are kinda significant problems unless it was super cheap.

20. Aug 28, 2020 at 8:59 PM
    Naszero

Member:
    Vehicle:
    $485.

Products Discussed in

To Top