1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dasaita Head Unit for 2nd Gen Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mcgrath.travism, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Sep 22, 2020 at 10:22 AM
    Fistgar

Fistgar Off-Road Limo

Member:
    First Name:
    Chance
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport LB 4x4 MGM
    Satoshi grille, painted engine cover, 20% tint on windows, OME 3" Lift, TSB in the rear with ToyTec AAL, , tinted tails, Hella 500's. 1" body lift
    Observations after having my Dasiata for a few weeks:

It looks amazing! I love how it makes my dash look and after installing the Agama car launcher, it looks even better!
    There's so many things that it can do. Surf Facebook, Instagram, watch movies on Amazon Prime, use Google Maps, etc.
    I love that it has wireless Apple CarPlay! Ironically, I don't use it as often simply because I like using some of the downloaded apps a bit better. If you can, the Agama is well worth the couple of bucks. It's a much more functional user interface and it does some really neat stuff just from it's homescreen like showing speed based on GPS, built in compass, even the clock and logo look much nicer! You can even change the color to match your interior!
    I love how I can reprogram my steering wheel controls to do whatever I want! I was finally able to reprogram that voice command button that I keep accidentally hitting...

Some things I'm not that pleased with however:

If you have the JBL soundsystem, it kinda sucks. You can't really control your sound the way you can with other HU's. I have no control over front to rear fading at all and have lost a lot of my midrange. Don't be fooled by the RCA outputs, they don't work if you have the JBL amp. I hooked my speakers up directly to the RCA's and they did absolutely nothing. I suspect it's because the HU is sending a data signal to the amp instead of power to the speakers and I can't figure out how to get around it.
    I tend to use my phone's personal hotspot instead of the Bluetooth. I wish it would connect automatically instead of me having to fiddle with it every. single. time.
    I haven't figured out how to get it to prioritize bluetooth connectivity. Both my wife's phone and mine are set up but it will usually connect to hers first for some reason. Probably user error but it's annoying the piss out of me atm...

The most important thing to do if you are going to buy one is KNOW IF YOU HAVE JBL SYSTEM OR NOT!!! The tacoma's have different wiring harnesses depending on if you got this trim model or not. If you have the JBL system you MUST have the canbus. You can end up waiting a while for a stupid harness to arrive from China if you don't do this.

For the price, I've gotten what I want. A lot of my problems could be solved by going with a more popular brand but I'd also be spending hundreds of dollars more.

theolee likes this.
  2. Sep 22, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    Bryguy1086

Bryguy1086 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport
    Thanks for the review. It is definitely going to help with decision making.

I also got a response back from Dasaita. All of them now come with the logo at the bottom. To many this may not be of concern, but for my it's a turn off. I much prefer no logos or branding.

Since I have the JBL system, I think I am going to go with Pioneer or Alpine.

3. Sep 28, 2020 at 6:16 PM
    tbr3345

tbr3345 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DBL Cab Silver Streak Mica
    I tried on Songee Android system it was a pain and ended up selling it. I will look at the Dasaita not really impressed with Joying Auto no reviews. My current Jensen is just fine but I like to do things with my truck 2010 TRD sport double cab short bed.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  4. Oct 8, 2020 at 2:56 PM
    cabbott49

cabbott49 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma trd sport
    So I’m seeing a lot of different information. So for a 2015 non jbl Tacoma, what all harnesses and canbus are needed for dasaita max6?

5. Oct 10, 2020 at 7:45 AM
    cabbott49

cabbott49 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma trd sport
    Was your canbus the cb005 model or another version? Did your rear camera clip in and work. I have a 2015 non jbl. Hard to find information for the factory can in the hu.

6. Oct 15, 2020 at 5:24 PM
    cabbott49

cabbott49 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma trd sport
    What was your solution for the hazard switch? I have a 2015 Tacoma and this the final part of my install. I just can’t come up with a solution.

7. Oct 16, 2020 at 3:37 PM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    OK, I need advise, I really like the look of this unit, but not sure what I actually need to go. I have an 06 non-JBL with no steering wheel buttons either. I have no backup camera, but wouldn't mind adding an aftermarket one someday. What unit would need?

8. Oct 18, 2020 at 8:02 AM
    Priddle

Priddle And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    Here's the static I can't get rid of on my HU. The static is heard when music is playing. I have an external amp and have tried the pre-amp outputs which resulted in static and alternator whine, then tried the HI-LO inputs on the amp that I connected the speakers outputs to which eliminated the alternator whine. The noise cuts off after a few seconds of no audio being played.

https://youtu.be/fJgyEpRDz7E

9. Oct 18, 2020 at 9:37 AM
    theolee

theolee www.nickleecreations.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma SR5 Pre-Runner AC 4.0
    That's weird. Are you playing music from your phone?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  10. Oct 18, 2020 at 9:46 AM
    theolee

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    I ask because, if your phone is connected via bluetooth. Try turning your phone volume all the way up -1 and the stereo volume down and go from there.

If this doesn't fix your issue try this thread:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...und-noise-dasaita-max6-px6-4gb-t3962822/page4

11. Oct 18, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    Priddle

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    Bluetooth is turned off. I'm just using Spotify and Youtube on the HU. It's grounded to a metal bar behind the HU. I didn't have this noise over the speakers using the HU's amp but did have the noise over my subwoofer using Sub-out. Later I hooked up an external amp for the speakers and got the noise. I plugged my phone into the amp and no noise.

12. Oct 18, 2020 at 11:23 AM
    theolee

Member:
    First Name:
    Theo
    SAN DIEGO
    Vehicle:
    Right on, super weird though. My thoughts would be a bad alternator and your amp may be pushing over the edge. Another thought might be the placement of your ground wire. May I ask why you separately grounded the GRD wire and didn't use the GRD wire with OEM harness?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  13. Oct 19, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    Priddle

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    I only tried the ground wire to the chassis as a attempt to solve the static. I had a Pumpkin android stereo prior this one (no ext amp for speakers, only one for the sub) and there was no static noise at all

14. Oct 22, 2020 at 9:18 AM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    Is anyone having issues with Pandora? It crashes every time I try to run on my unit (PX6 running ANdroid 10).

15. Oct 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM
    cabbott49

cabbott49 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma trd sport
    I use Spotify, but I’ll install pandora tomorrow to see how it does. I’ll let you know after I try it out

16. Nov 11, 2020 at 4:20 PM
    Dwood

Dwood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DCLB TRD Sport
    35% Tint all around - Meso Dual Bright Dome - GY6.35 reverse bulb hack - Bedlinered Wheels - Tailgate dampener - dashcam hardwire - max liner mats - stubby antenna
    Anyone available to assist me? 2012 with non jbl. I can’t get the steering wheel controls or rearview working in my hu.
    Dasaita with the CB004 adapter.

thanks!

17. Nov 11, 2020 at 5:13 PM
    Dwood

Dwood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    35% Tint all around - Meso Dual Bright Dome - GY6.35 reverse bulb hack - Bedlinered Wheels - Tailgate dampener - dashcam hardwire - max liner mats - stubby antenna
    Did you ever figure out steering wheel controls? What about rearview cam?

18. Nov 13, 2020 at 2:18 PM
    Picantesauce

Picantesauce Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma AC 2.7L 4x4
    I had a similar issue after installing my HU. For the steering controls I had to go into SETTINGS>CAR>FACTORY SETTINGS (code 126)
    Then into Canbus and select the toyota rav4 (worked for me). Then save and exit. See if that works.

With the reverse camera issue, I actually had plugged the yellow RCA cable into the wrong connection. Once I switched it, it worked just fine.

Hope that helps!

19. Nov 13, 2020 at 6:49 PM
    Dwood

Dwood Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Minneapolis, MN
    Vehicle:
    Thanks picante, I’ve done all the factory settings stuff. They’re sending me a new Canbus cable, hopefully that’s all it is.

20. Nov 13, 2020 at 6:59 PM
    Picantesauce

Picantesauce Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma AC 2.7L 4x4
    No problem. I hope it works for you. This was the one they had me get even though I don't have the JBL option:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YKJFK8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_5y0RFb7JQXPCX_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I've only had mine for a few days and love it. It took some fiddling around to get it running how I like, but it's working great now. I've really been missing out by not having an android HU.

theolee likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top