1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash Mat you love

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by vettenut2, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Dec 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    vettenut2

vettenut2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Has anyone found a dash mat they love? How about the Coverking molded dash mat?

2. Jan 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    2.5" lift in front, aFe air intake, anytime foglights, cut 9" off antenna, superwhite headlights, spintech exhaust, med. tint in the front, weathertech floorliners and caltech seat covers, dashtek dash cover, CHLM, debadged and destickered,
    it wasn't as molded as i was hoping for so i returned it. i went with a dashtek design somethinerother from the dealership. it takes a lot of Velcro to hold it down but i haven't had to wipe my dash down for over a year :D

3. Jan 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    2.5" lift in front, aFe air intake, anytime foglights, cut 9" off antenna, superwhite headlights, spintech exhaust, med. tint in the front, weathertech floorliners and caltech seat covers, dashtek dash cover, CHLM, debadged and destickered,
    and welcome to TW!!!

4. Jan 3, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    vettenut2

vettenut2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Thanks Ryan, do you know if the velcro will damage the dash? I hate the idea of sticking it on the dash and worry about what would happen if it was removed.

5. Jan 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    It says it wont but I suppose it could depending on how long its there. I plan on leaving mine on for a long time so well see one day lol. IMO I think itll be fine. It wouldn't cause as much damage as the sun could do I wouldn't think.

6. Jan 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 SR5 AC / 2007 4x4 FJC / 2021 Tesla Y
    Pro/2015 Coil-overs n shocks, Icon progressive AAL, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags and cradles, ECGS clamshell bushing, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, 2014 Navigation radio and backup camera, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech digifit floor mats and in channel window vents, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler, Western Suburbanite plow, Pop and Lock PL8521
    When I bought my truck used form the dealer it had a cheap carpet one on the dash. I asked them to remove it so it was off when i picked up the truck(at night). so i didn't notice until later that there are marks on the dash where the velcro was.. :( I thought it was glue that would come off with some cleaner but it didn't. I should have said something at the time, but thought I could clean it up myself. The marks are small, but i havent figured out a way to clean them up or paint them yet.

7. Jan 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    oh shit that's good to know. hard to say what kind Velcro was used. goo gone or rubbing alcohol didn't work? damn good luck with that. keep us posted if you come up with something.

8. Jan 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 SR5 AC / 2007 4x4 FJC / 2021 Tesla Y
    Pro/2015 Coil-overs n shocks, Icon progressive AAL, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags and cradles, ECGS clamshell bushing, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, 2014 Navigation radio and backup camera, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech digifit floor mats and in channel window vents, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler, Western Suburbanite plow, Pop and Lock PL8521
    Ya, I suspect that the guys who removed it were in a rush and possibly damaged the dash when removing the velcro. I should have just done it myself. Oh well. :)

9. Jan 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC LB TRD Zombie Response Team
    Black Satoshi Grill, Blacked Out Head Lights & Fog lights, Tint, Vent Visors, Shaved Emblems, Oil Catch Can, Ipod Hookup to Stock Head Unit, Sony Speakers, TRD Seat Covers, Xtra D-Rings and Other Small Things.... Lift and more to come
    i have one off ebay... the trick is you have to tuck the dash mat between the windshield and the dash up front, that way it doesnt slide around. i used little velcro'd, maybe 6 small pieces. it takes a week or so for it to really lay flat on the dash. i paid 40 bucks for mine off ebay and i like it. i velcro'd patches so it wasnt a huge furry spot on the airbag

Dash matt.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Jan 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    tensecondchevelle

tensecondchevelle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Double Cab
    Where I work we make custom seat covers and dashcovers... the best way to remove the velcro is taking it off slowly, then using alcohol to get all the sticky residue off. And the guy above is right, if you're worried about TINY marks the velcro makes over the years, think about the pounding the entire dash will take if you don't cover it.

11. Jan 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    vettenut2

vettenut2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Thanks for the advice on dash pads

12. Jan 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    I've got the DashMat brand. Just tuck it between the dash and windshield... the dash is painted and will get damaged from velcro, glue, or double back tape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jan 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I have Cover King for my 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. For $30 at Costco, it was a deal. Yes, the velcro can ruin your dash if you remove it as dash is painted.

14. Jan 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
  15. Jan 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    Well if you don't use Velcro, be careful rolling down your windows. Mine started flopping and it was tucked in in the front. I didn't want to use anything but it was necessary.

16. Oct 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM
    Tac11

Tac11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Vehicle:
    2011 white Tacoma sport TRD
    3" Front lift OME/5100 set at 0, 1/4 spacer on driver side CMC, BFG 285's, SCS ray 10’s -38 offset 1 inch rear block N-Fab steps Bumper Cali Raised LED light bar Cali Raised LED fog lights After market exhaust, and muffler tip Redline hood struts Tacoma Bed-liner mat Tailgate lock Tinted windows 20% HID headlights Short antenna Clazzio Seat covers Joying head unit
    I know it's been years but how you like them?

Products Discussed in

To Top