1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash Mat you love

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by vettenut2, Dec 29, 2012.

1. vettenut2

vettenut2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Has anyone found a dash mat they love? How about the Coverking molded dash mat?

2. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    2.5" lift in front, aFe air intake, anytime foglights, cut 9" off antenna, superwhite headlights, spintech exhaust, med. tint in the front, weathertech floorliners and caltech seat covers, dashtek dash cover, CHLM, debadged and destickered,
    it wasn't as molded as i was hoping for so i returned it. i went with a dashtek design somethinerother from the dealership. it takes a lot of Velcro to hold it down but i haven't had to wipe my dash down for over a year :D

3. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    2.5" lift in front, aFe air intake, anytime foglights, cut 9" off antenna, superwhite headlights, spintech exhaust, med. tint in the front, weathertech floorliners and caltech seat covers, dashtek dash cover, CHLM, debadged and destickered,
    and welcome to TW!!!

4. vettenut2

vettenut2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Thanks Ryan, do you know if the velcro will damage the dash? I hate the idea of sticking it on the dash and worry about what would happen if it was removed.

5. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    It says it wont but I suppose it could depending on how long its there. I plan on leaving mine on for a long time so well see one day lol. IMO I think itll be fine. It wouldn't cause as much damage as the sun could do I wouldn't think.

6. Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 SR5 Access Cab
    OEM TRD OR wheels, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, Pop and Lock PL8521, Overhead Temp/Compass, OEM led tail lights, Sport bucket seats, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech in channel window vents, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags, Weathertech digifit floor mats, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler
    When I bought my truck used form the dealer it had a cheap carpet one on the dash. I asked them to remove it so it was off when i picked up the truck(at night). so i didn't notice until later that there are marks on the dash where the velcro was.. :( I thought it was glue that would come off with some cleaner but it didn't. I should have said something at the time, but thought I could clean it up myself. The marks are small, but i havent figured out a way to clean them up or paint them yet.

7. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    oh shit that's good to know. hard to say what kind Velcro was used. goo gone or rubbing alcohol didn't work? damn good luck with that. keep us posted if you come up with something.

8. Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 SR5 Access Cab
    OEM TRD OR wheels, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, Pop and Lock PL8521, Overhead Temp/Compass, OEM led tail lights, Sport bucket seats, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech in channel window vents, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags, Weathertech digifit floor mats, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler
    Ya, I suspect that the guys who removed it were in a rush and possibly damaged the dash when removing the velcro. I should have just done it myself. Oh well. :)

9. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC LB TRD Zombie Response Team
    Black Satoshi Grill, Blacked Out Head Lights & Fog lights, Tint, Vent Visors, Shaved Emblems, Oil Catch Can, Ipod Hookup to Stock Head Unit, Sony Speakers, TRD Seat Covers, Xtra D-Rings and Other Small Things.... Lift and more to come
    i have one off ebay... the trick is you have to tuck the dash mat between the windshield and the dash up front, that way it doesnt slide around. i used little velcro'd, maybe 6 small pieces. it takes a week or so for it to really lay flat on the dash. i paid 40 bucks for mine off ebay and i like it. i velcro'd patches so it wasnt a huge furry spot on the airbag

Dash matt.jpg

10. tensecondchevelle

tensecondchevelle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Double Cab
    Where I work we make custom seat covers and dashcovers... the best way to remove the velcro is taking it off slowly, then using alcohol to get all the sticky residue off. And the guy above is right, if you're worried about TINY marks the velcro makes over the years, think about the pounding the entire dash will take if you don't cover it.

11. vettenut2

vettenut2 [OP] Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Thanks for the advice on dash pads

12. OffroadToy

OffroadToy The dog did it...I swear!

Member:
    High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and l
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop supersport canopy, black westin bullbar/tube steps, piaa offroad lights, weathertech floor mats, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    I've got the DashMat brand. Just tuck it between the dash and windshield... the dash is painted and will get damaged from velcro, glue, or double back tape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Gen2 DCLB-S 4x4
    2011 TRD CAI 1.0, URD maf Calibrator, AFE Pro Dry-S, Spintech Muffler, Magnaflow resonator, 5100's, Toytech 1/4" spacer, Dakar 1.5" AAL, TSB Springs, SPC UCA's, OME 885X, Yellow Wire Mod, VSC/ABS switch mod, Fog Light Mod~~~ Also in the HH. 2006 FJ 4x4 2009 Tacoma AC-OR 2010 4Runner 4x4 SR5
    I have Cover King for my 1st Gen and 2nd Gen. For $30 at Costco, it was a deal. Yes, the velcro can ruin your dash if you remove it as dash is painted.

14. TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Wildwood, MO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Off Road Magnetic Gray
    Factory Roof Rack, Westin Tube Steps, AVS Bugflector and Wind Deflectors, RideRite Air Bags, Custom Bed Rack, CVT Roof-Top Tent, Weathertech Floor Mats, Redline Hood Supports, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, some stickers
  15. ryan c

ryan c rookie

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    661 Lake Ez
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 swb dc
    Well if you don't use Velcro, be careful rolling down your windows. Mine started flopping and it was tucked in in the front. I didn't want to use anything but it was necessary.

To Top