1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash/radio buzz; headlight adjustment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by explorer13421, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    explorer13421

explorer13421 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab 4x4 Offroad
    Two questions:

Any one else have a vibration on gentle acceleration that results in a buzz that might be coming out of the middle air duct, glove box, radio or dash? I have tried to isolate what is buzzing with out success.

I am going to have the rear spring upgrade on a 2009 doublecab 4x4 TRD that was built in 2008. Should I request that the headlight adjustment/alignment/aiming be checked and adjusted?

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off Road 4x4 Barcelona Red
    The rear should eventually settle to close to the normal height, so even if you do adjust them probably don't want to do it right away. Some people put some sand bags or something in the rear for a while to make it settle faster.

Also, while I don't have the buzzing/rattle, some wires behind the glove box buzzing/rattling is a common complaint. Try taking the glove box out and securing the wires.

3. Oct 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Riverside, IL
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD O/R AT
    My buzz was behind the glove box at roughly 1200-1500 RPMs. It is a large strand of wires coming through the fire wall into the cab. It's wrapped in a black plastic that rattles while driving. I must have had 10 cable ties on the bundle and still had the buzz. I actually just removed the plastic wrap last night and have had no buzz since. I'm either going to wrap it all back in elec tape or some other type of plastic to protect the wire.

Try just cabletie-ing the bundle first. I think most people have had luck that way. Mine was just trying it's hardest to be ultra annoying.

4. Oct 18, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    twbishop

twbishop Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner TRD Sport Pkg
    I've been pressing on everything trying to find it while I'm driving. I'll look behind the glove box for the bundle of wires.

Thank you.

To Top