1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dashboard and Tail lights out

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by antz92, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Jun 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    antz92

antz92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Reg. Cab
    I just bought a used 02 Tacoma and the lights that illuminate the dashboard and the parking lights are out. Everything worked fine when I bought it, I only replaced the factory radio and one bulb for a burned out parking light. Now the're all out. I checked and replaced the fuse for the tail and it blew again. Does this have anything to do with the factory radio being removed? Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Jun 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    SupraT

SupraT Tacoma Lover

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Columbia Falls
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD SR5 4x4
    3" Lift Three leaf add and Bilstin 5100"s in back and Donahoe coilovers in front, Tinted Windows, Blackened parking light, tinted brake lights, clear bumper lights, Blacked out turn signals, AVS vent visors, Electric Fan mod, K&N CAI
    My light did that when I first got it and it ended up being my trailer wiring, does it happen to be grounding out anywhere?

3. Jun 28, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    bama trd

bama trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma X-Cab 4x4
    K&N Cold Air Intake , Plasti-dip Bumpers , Painted tool box , Roll on Bedliner , Blacked out Emblems , Tinted Windows , Aftermarket CD player , Bed Linered Fender Flares
    did you use the factory harness and just plug in the after-market stereo? or cut the wires and hook up the hot , ground ,and speaker wires? If you cut them ( like I've always done in my vehicles) then go back and check , sounds like you have a hot wire touching something - to keep blowing the fuse , if you unhook the radio and turn your lights on with a good fuse installed , I bet they will work. This will tell you if its the wiring

4. Jun 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    03redtaco

03redtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Myrtle Beach SC/ Starke FL
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 DC 3.4L
    DId you check the fuses under the hood? Mine did that a while back and I think that i replaced a fuse under the hood. Keep us posted.

5. Jun 28, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    antz92

antz92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Reg. Cab
    I went to Kragen and got a brand new fuse rather than using the replacement under the hood and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the tips.

To Top