1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Day Time Running Light Housing Melting?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ShadesOfGrey, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Aug 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB, TRD Sport 4x4, MGM
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
    Ok. I installed some aftermarket BHLM housings a little over a month ago. The passenger side housing ended up fogging up, and when I was going to put in the replacement I wasn't able to get the amber bulb out. I pulled til the bulb disconnected from its housing and noticed the plastic had melted on the inside, deforming the hole. The replacement has now fogged up and I have another on the way, and again that bulb will not come out.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'm open to any suggestions. I plan on adding another line of silicone to the new housing and doing the same to the driver's side one. Any help would be awesome.

2. Aug 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
    Thanks a lot, I will search more. This had me baffled. Do your's have a reflective surface on the bowl of that housing or is it all black?

3. Aug 11, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    Ok, thanks. The bowls on the BHLM housings I bought are all black in that area, no reflective surface. Any chance that would be heating it up enough to maybe help cause the hole the bulb goes through to melt?

4. Aug 11, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    Any help or thoughts would be great...

Products Discussed in

To Top