1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dhurley, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jul 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    dhurley

dhurley [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    I'd been wanting to have DRL on my truck (2004), was told 007Tacoma's way was only for 2nd Gens & wasn't crazy about the cheap/easy mod. I found this link on TN www.webelectricproducts.com and they have a Universal DRL module. It's $40 and it was in my mail box 2 days later. Here's a pic of what comes with it
    [​IMG]

The instructions were very easy to follow. I put the module behind the driver side headlight & ran the wiring in 3/8" wire loom to the turn signals. I also used crimp ons instead of wire nuts for a more positve connection.

Here's the end result.
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    Is it just me, or are the photos not 'working'?

3. Jul 19, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    smallcandle

smallcandle The clown has no penis...

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    South-central Kansas
    Vehicle:
    02 DC TRD SR5 4X4
    Deck plate mod, Maglite console mount, Husky Liners front and back, Black powder coated OEM rims, BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's 265/75/16, Grillcraft MX black insert, Hella 500FF mounted behind grill
    I'm not seeing the pics either, but I like the look of the DRL in the avatar.

4. Jul 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    When you get in your truck just turn your headlights on. Instant DRL. Don't worry I won't charge you for this one.

5. Jul 19, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    dhurley

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    The pics should show up now. I did a copy/paste & thought they showed up. Guess not.

6. Jul 19, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    Just curious ... Why'd you use the turn signals for the DRL's and not the corner marker lamps? Have you done the corner blinker mod?

7. Jul 19, 2009 at 2:57 PM
    dhurley

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    This is what looks the best to me. You know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Products Discussed in

To Top