1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DC, Maryland, Virgina (DMV) .. Which dealer will be first?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TempleRidesNepal, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Oct 24, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    atrouth

atrouth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Theres a few in NOVA willing to deal. Being in LE do you have any car buying services that you guys can use? I have a stellar offer from one for 35,816 for a DCLB TRD Sport 4x4 auto with the premium/tech package (moonroof, heated seats) and towing. Just add the dealer fees and a few taxes. Another dealer offered to vest any legitimate price I have received, so far they haven't but the top managers just got involved because I called them out on it and didn't appreciate the false advertising

2. Oct 25, 2015 at 5:58 AM
    border411

border411 Well-Known Member

Member:
    No buying services for us... Sad face.

3. Oct 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM
    yoTaco98

yoTaco98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yo
    VA
    Vehicle:
    1998 V6 Xtra-Cab Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    5100's Front and Rears, Toytec Eibach Coils, All Pro 3" Standard Leafs, BAMF BPV Bracket, ARMA Sprayed Bedliner, TGD Hunter Bull Bar, Blacked-out Headlights and Corners, Revtek 1" Diff Drop, Start Command Remote Start and Keyless Entry, Pioneer DEH-11E HU...
    • ESTIMATEDSavings off MSRP
      $2,332

• TrueCar Estimate

$36,957
    Show vehicle details
    • Base MSRP+ $34,340
    • Factory-Installed Options+ $4,049
    • Freight Delivery Charge+ $900
    Total MSRP+ $39,289

Here's my USAA cert for Lustine which they would honor with no hassle for a fully loaded TRD offroad long bed.

I have issues with Lustine and can't even begin to elaborate on. They pulled quite the stunt on me a few weeks ago. The Sales Manager has even offered to beat the True Car because of what they did. I still don't want to buy there.

Rosner Stafford should have no problem matching it. They have no problem matching other deals , but I'm pretty sure someone already mention that they want some kind of documentation, which would be reasonable.

You shouldn't be able to walk into a dealership and say ohh....ABC dealer is giving a cool million off. Where's the proof.

Here's mine. Just go in documented and prepared and you shouldn'thave an issue.

And work with someone who knows the truck, and what it features and what it's capable of like Sean D. at Rosner.

I remember when I test drove the Colorado way back when. The sales guy took me to creek right off a public park with a 5 degree incline. He was like..."Here...engage the 4WD before you go over of the creek. I was like, why? He said it would should me how capable the Colorados off road systems are..." I smiled and played along as I watched regular sedans crossing the creek.

You won't get that nonsense from Rosner...plus free oil changes for life of I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  4. Oct 26, 2015 at 9:57 PM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    I had two dealerships offer to beat any legitimate offer I received. Rosner wouldn't budge at all, ourisman could not even come close. Their best was 1300 more than what I paid. Just picked up mine from Lustine tonight. Sales manager tried to offer low on my trade but I eventually got him up to where I wanted to be. I don't mess with dealer oil changes after the free period ends anyhow. Hopefully they'll match it tho! I just didn't have any luck with other dealers willing to match my offer from Lustine. Plus i never really go back to the dealer for anything once my truck is purchased

yoTaco98[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Oct 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    Keep us posted how it works out for you tho! Maybe they'll finally start to budge

6. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:01 AM
    yoTaco98

Member:
    First Name:
    Yo
    VA
    Vehicle:
    5100's Front and Rears, Toytec Eibach Coils, All Pro 3" Standard Leafs, BAMF BPV Bracket, ARMA Sprayed Bedliner, TGD Hunter Bull Bar, Blacked-out Headlights and Corners, Revtek 1" Diff Drop, Start Command Remote Start and Keyless Entry, Pioneer DEH-11E HU...
    What trim did you get and what was your MSRP and selling if you don't mind me asking?

7. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    I got a DCLB V6 Auto 4x4 TRD Sport with premium/tech and towing. Closest any other place could come was about 350 or so more and that was through a private car buying service for my company. Nobody else could even come close to this price or even my other car buying service price. Actually most wouldn't even honor their own true car price. I tried at least 12-15 dealerships in this region and some in SEimage.jpg

8. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    image.jpg Bad pic but didn't have space to take it

the.sight.picture likes this.
  9. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:22 AM
    yoTaco98

Member:
    First Name:
    Yo
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Ahh...that was you truck they tried to get me to put a deposit down on.

They called me in, said they had that same model on the lot. Drove there in in rush hour traffic from DC to test drive it. When I got there...the sales guys actually admitted they did not have on the lot, but that they had one coming in less than a week. They asked me in to put a deposit down on it.

I was pretty upset they made me drive out there for nothing.

Then he pulls the old. .."but we have a 2015 in Gray, you can test drive that one. It's the same thing".

I left at the point.

10. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:24 AM
    yoTaco98

Member:
    First Name:
    Yo
    VA
    Vehicle:
    Nice truck.

atrouth[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:27 AM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    I had a few dealers do that to me. Emailed telling them what I wanted, asked to test drive it, rushed down there only to find they didn't have one or had "just sold" the one they had. It was a bit of a drive for me, but I put my order in almost a month ago. Got a text yesterday that it arrived so I went and picked it up lol. I also had a few try to tell me the 2015 was the same and wanted me to test drive that. One had a 2016 sport but it was marked as sold, so I can understand that. Mine only had 7 miles on it when I picked it up

12. Oct 27, 2015 at 4:42 AM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

yoTaco98 likes this.
  13. Oct 27, 2015 at 6:19 AM
    border411

border411 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lucky bastard living in MD with no front plate requirement! Confused me with the VA inspection sticker though....until I realized why it was there.

14. Oct 27, 2015 at 6:21 AM
    pino

pino Well-Known Member

Member:
    Actually, MD "requires" a front plate.
    Whether you pay attention to that or not is your own business.
    As long as you're polite and white, you generally just get a warning if a cop is bored enough to pull you over for it.

15. Oct 27, 2015 at 6:48 AM
    atrouth

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Vehicle:
    From what I last saw there was legislation being passed that allowed you to go without a front tag if there was no mounting bracket for it. I initially had asked the dealer not to put the bracket on but one of their new techs still put it on during PDI. I just had them remove it so instead of two barely noticeable dimples for the bracket theres two tiny holes which I may just fill in to try and cover it up. I ran my 2nd gen without a tag (no tag bracket by luck) and my civic has been tagless for about 6 years. I've been hassled about it once when I was in a neighborhood at a friends house of all places, so far haven't gotten pulled over for it. I never checked to see if the legislation passed or not, but I know it was out there

Products Discussed in

To Top