1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DC SB owners with dogs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by TRICOMA, Mar 8, 2009.

?

How do you transport your dogs???

1. Front Seat

131 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. Back Seat

521 vote(s)
    53.4%
  3. Bed with Cap

105 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Bed without Cap

125 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Bed with Crate or Kennel

93 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Mar 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA [OP] Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Hello TW,

I am curious how you all transport your dogs in your Tacomas. I keep my dog in a kennel/crate and would like to see pictures of anyone who transports the same way and with other things in the bed like coolers, tool boxes, bags, etc. All you hunters out there I know you have pictures. I currently drive a 97 BMW 328i and have a crate in the back seat. The car has 200k miles and it is time to upgrade to a Tacoma. I also transport the dog in the crate in the 07 Tundra that we have but that is the family car and I only drive it from time to time. The Tacoma will be mine and I will have my dog with me all the time. So the crate in the back will be there most of the time. I will be likely getting a DC SB and want to see with the crate back there and if I can fit other things in the bed. The Tundra we have now has an 8ft bed so fitting other stuff back there is no problem.

Pictures would be appreciated...

2. Mar 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM
    UCKYUK

UCKYUK Active Member

Member:
    I am getting a pup this spring and plan to transport her in a kennel in the bed of my truck, under the cover of a cap (working on getting a Leer 100XR). I'm gonna do the mod mentioned in these threads - to add a few extra D-hooks to the bed, so I can strap the crate down tight to the bed, without taking up space on the bed rails. I intend to hunt with my new dog, so for a crate, I will be getting an insulated aluminum dog box - it will keep the pooch cooler in the heat, warm in the winter and will be a safe way to transport her, while giving her own space.

Hmmm.... now that I think about it, maybe I'll keep the dog in the cab and use the dog box in the bed for the girlfriend. :D

3. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Cool. I think the D-hooks are a must to secure the kennel. I would love to get an aluminum dog box. I do have an insulated cover on my Vari-Kennel now so it keep her temps good. I am in CA so weather is not too extreme here. If so I will hook up fans or draw AC from the cabin. Dog in the cab and GF in the box might not be a bad idea for long trips...as least you won't hear any whining.

So what kind of dog? I am assuming a Lab for hunting. As for me I have a Malinois. about 10 1/2 months right now.

4. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    I have one dog now and getting a second in a few weeks and right now the one just bounces around in the back seat of my access cab. The other dog is a german shep so i think i will put a crate in the bed alittle later on when the dog gets bigger

5. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Both dogs in the back of my access cab. Seat folded down and they both have plenty of room. They both have harnesses hooked up to the seat belts to keep them from becoming projectiles in the event of a wreck. Also to keep them from escaping in the event of a wreck or if they are scared - of thunderstorms or fire works.

6. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    i transport my dog in the back with the seats down, i also have a rubber mat for traction for his paws so he doesnt slide around. with the seats down there is plenty of room.

7. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Blu08Taco

Blu08Taco Taco™

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Back seats folded down with a blanket over them. Shes tethered to the child seat hooks.

8. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:51 PM
    UCKYUK

UCKYUK Active Member

Member:

Yeah, the summers in Maine are fairly mild, so keeping her cool will be easy. Actually, the spring in winters are fine too, it's just in the dead of winter- making sure it stays warm back there, but I don't take long trips in the winter usually, and with the insulated box and blankets, she should be fine.

Oh, and it's Vizsla that I'm getting...the bitch is pregnant now (the dog...the dog, haha). Labs are great though, have had a few and you can't go wrong with one.

9. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i have 2 yorkies,do they count as dogs??? they ride shotgun.

10. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Vizsla is a great breed. Good luck with your puppy.

11. Mar 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    I just put my dog in the back seat. I got a cover for it so he cant fall between the seats. Works great.

12. Mar 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Here are some pictures of my dog. Dina the Belgian Malinois. Almost 11 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At 5 months old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mar 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR S/C 4x4
    TRD S/C, Full OME Suspension, LR UCAs, Relentless Front Bumper, Derpwerx Fab HC Rear Bumper, 285/75/16 Revos, XD Hoss Wheels, Safari Snorkel, Infiniti FX-R HID Retrofit, Airbags in rear, Optima Yellow top, Besttop, All-Pro Skid, All-Pro HD Sliders
    back seat, but with doggy seat belts on.

14. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Bought a cap. I love my dogs and all, but after what they did to the interior of my 4Runner, they're not setting foot in my cab. I've got 2 big white dogs that shed like mad, and I don't want to deal with all the fur in my cab, it's a bitch to clean, and sucks when you roll the windows down and fur starts flying everywhere...

[​IMG]

15. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    That's a great lookin' Malinois. I almost got one but wound up with a big goofy white gsd/wolf/husky mix

16. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Thats a very interesting mix.....

17. Mar 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    dougmays

dougmays Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gainesville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 Tacoma 4WD/Tow Pkg Black
    Westin Bull Bar, Firestone Destination AT 255/70/16
    [​IMG]

This is not my picture, dog, and its definitely not pink! But i ordered one of these (tan) and it works great. keeps the dog in teh back (she occasionally tried to crawl up to the front). Its think, durable, and washable.

here is a link to google shopping of them http://www.google.com/products?q=ppe+pet+hammock

18. Mar 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    TacoCo those are pretty dogs... I thought they were pure white GSDs. Either way good looking.

She was imported from France. I will be breeding her if she can do well in French Ring. We have other dogs to and will likely have a breeding coming up when she goes into heat. We currently have 3 males and 4 females in the group. The males are exceptional Ring dogs.

Click to see a video of French Ring. A couple of the males in competition.

[​IMG]

19. Mar 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
    I own a 49lbs American Pit Bull Terrior, she rides shotgun, normally.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Mar 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    My dog always rides in the cab (regardless the fact shes small).

To Top