1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DCSB Bone Stock Tacos: Where Have You Gone Off-Road and Made It Back?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomtn, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Jun 21, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    These trucks seem pretty capable out of the box. While I'm thinking of lifting it and dressing it with nice wheels, I'm curious where all you bone stockers have gone for fun.

2. Jun 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    I went up some pretty nasty rock climbs with mine when it was stock, probably 10-12 inch step ups at a decent incline...i was very impressed with it stock

3. Jun 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    tacomtn

tacomtn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR,OME,Deaver AAL
    Yeah, pretty cool these Tacos. I barely have 500 miles on mine yet so its not seen dirt yet.

12 stepups? Wow, didn't high center on those or hit anything underneath? Nice.

4. Jun 22, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    nope it did really great, just choose your line up the obstacle carefully and you'll be fine

5. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    brp

brp Well-Known Member

Member:
    I took mine, 2011 sr5 v6 auto 4x4 sb, down the Lippencott Road in Death Valley. With an 800lb camper on the back. Only thing non-stock was airbags to level the camper. I was alone, nearly died of a fright. I decided to leave it stock as that was more nerve racking than I ever want to do again and the truck performed beautifully. I was mostly in 2wd, but I would go 4wd so the front wheels would pull when my left rear tire was in the air, with hundreds of feet of air below it.

6. Jun 23, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    Curb jumping in the Bronx! These things were designed with urban offroading in mind. When you gotta drive over some curbs and cones, a plethora of construction debris and pot holes that literally swallow Honda Civics, maybe a Boston fan's grill or lawn chair, to get out of Yankee Stadium, stock or not, it's like them bottomed out Civics aint even there. It's nice not having to worry about any of that stuff. And we're still small enough to fit anywhere and everywhere. I laugh my ass off watching guys try to park 2500s and F250s.

To Top