1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DDM Tuning H.I.D.'s Question?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by imsikotic, Mar 6, 2010.

1. imsikotic

imsikotic [OP] If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I am getting ready to order the 35w 6000k bi/xenon kit. Is there anything else that I need to get. The is no place to put any vehicle specifics for wiring (plugs). Thanx guys!!!

2. neslerrah

neslerrah Who needs 4WD?

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG KM2 (33x10.5R15), American Racing Mojaves, Debadged, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Hella 500 behind recessed Satoshi Grille, Kenwood headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    The kit is all plug and play. I am running their kit in my headlights, Hella 500, and my OEM fog lights. Great product IMO. :thumbsup:

3. imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Awesome thanks bro

4. neslerrah

neslerrah Who needs 4WD?

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG KM2 (33x10.5R15), American Racing Mojaves, Debadged, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Hella 500 behind recessed Satoshi Grille, Kenwood headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

:thumbsup:

5. bdwsrjoe

bdwsrjoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Rio Hondo, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad 4X4
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, 3" ToyTec Lift Kit, JVC InDash DVD Player with Backup Camera, 2 10" JL Audio Subs, 8K HID Headlights, 8K HID Foglights, N-Fab Nerf Steps, In-Channel Ventvisors, springfield xd40v10, mossberg 500 12ga.
    i just installed 8k headlights & 8k fogs 2 weeks ago and it was very easy. it took me about 45 mins all together, just plug and play.

6. imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Thats what I like to hear.

7. Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    Tough as woodpecker lips...
    Icon Ext Travel COs w/700lb King ID springs Icon VS 2.0 Rear Shocks All-Pro Expo Leaf Pack TC UCA Retrofit Headlights Wet Okles Weathertech Floor Mats TRD Exhaust ATO rear bumper w/swing out tire carrier ARB bumper Smittybilt XRC8 ATO IFS, Tranny, Transfer, and gas tanks skid 4x Innovation DOM sliders w/kickout
    So there is no mod's to the stock head light?

8. silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    No mods, the only problem I encountered was the passenger side headlight is a little tight to get the Hid light in due to the window washer container I just unbolted it and moved it around a little. Second the cheap double sided adhesive tape does not work.
    You'll have to buy some better adhesive or zip ties. I ran my wires under my black radiator shroud like a fellow TW member mentioned and it keeps it clean. You have to use a screw driver to pry up the middle part of the black tabs then the pop right out. Good choice with the 35w I see some people with the 55w and Its overkill big time. cops seem to love those guys.

9. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Travel COs w/700lb King ID springs Icon VS 2.0 Rear Shocks All-Pro Expo Leaf Pack TC UCA Retrofit Headlights Wet Okles Weathertech Floor Mats TRD Exhaust ATO rear bumper w/swing out tire carrier ARB bumper Smittybilt XRC8 ATO IFS, Tranny, Transfer, and gas tanks skid 4x Innovation DOM sliders w/kickout

Thanks! I have been pondering the idea of getting them, but was worried there would be too much modification to go back to stock.

10. rkpalm

rkpalm Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    euless
    Vehicle:
    05 trd long bed
    Where did you get the lights?

11. rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
  12. rmb_crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    I have 55W 6k in the headlights, 35W 3k in the fogs and than just ordered the 55W 6k for my hellas. The 55W isnt really overkill and i have never been hassled by the cops.

13. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    Which bulb type should I get? Looked at the application guide, the Taco's have a 9003xx bulb, but there isn't one to choose from in the drop down...?

14. Haze

Haze not just a one trick pony

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    none yet..
    to be determined
    look closer the drop down menu shows alternative bulbs as well

15. imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Ours are the H4.

16. Slimwood Shady

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    What about the Fog lights?

17. rmb_crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    H10 for the fogs

To Top