1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

De-badge Rubber emblems??

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TRDMadness, May 1, 2011.

1. May 1, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    TRDMadness

TRDMadness [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Clovis,CA
    Vehicle:
    1999 Toyota Tacoma TRD
    Eibach coilover with bilstein shock, Dakar Old Man Emu leafs with 5125 billies. Total Chaos uniball upper control arms. AFe cold air intake. Trail-gear stinger, rear tube bumper and slider.Debadged, chrome demolished.
    I noticed today that the side Toyota Tacoma badges are plastic, which seem easy enough to remove. However the Limited badge and rear tail-gate badges are rubber. Yesterday was a very warm day and I decided to de-badge. I first started with the "limited" got half the "L" off and started slicing into the actual letter and in the process leaving half the letter still on the truck. I was using floss, so this could be a factor. Today Im going to us fishing line. I also tried floss with spray on "goo Gone". Anyone else have the problem with these rubber emblems slicing in half in the process??I am also going to try to use a plastic putty knife. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

2. May 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    mine were a PITA to get off as well. my finger tips hurt for days from peeling the stupid rubber emblems off

3. May 1, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    TRDMadness

TRDMadness [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chandler
    Clovis,CA
    Vehicle:
    1999 Toyota Tacoma TRD
    Eibach coilover with bilstein shock, Dakar Old Man Emu leafs with 5125 billies. Total Chaos uniball upper control arms. AFe cold air intake. Trail-gear stinger, rear tube bumper and slider.Debadged, chrome demolished.
    haha Ok well thanks, I guess I better start workin! I also heard a hair dryer will aid in the process? any extra heat will make the adhesive more pliable. I should try that.

4. May 1, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    i tried that method and got so pissed then i got a wind shield scraper, put a rag on the front of it and it came right off. it didnt scratch the paint at all, just take your time.

5. May 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    I used fishing line on the "rubber" emblems and yes they do slice in half, but you just keep slicing back with your fishing line. Once you get it all off, use Goo Gone to remove the residue. There might be an outline or cast of the word, but if you use rubbing compound and elbow grease or an orbital buffer it will come out and over time in the sun it will blend in.

6. May 1, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    ontarioyota

ontarioyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    @scott777taco INSTAGRAM
    SW Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2001 Reg Cab 4x4
    Blacked out badges-rims OME lift with 881's & dakar pacs, summer tires=BFG 31x10.5x15 on 93 4runner rims,winter= 265 75 16 DURATRACS on stock steelies,Flowmaster exhaust, deck plate mod, ARB front bumper
    Your truck is awesome Tacoman355......good job!

I painted my tailgate badges without removing...lots of work with the tape but turned out well.
    030_531060c4f4cf3a88b52cc6e1140d1a30b9ba6e8d.jpg

7. May 1, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    thanks a lot man, i appreciate. btw your badges came out really well.

Products Discussed in

To Top