1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dealer cant solve rough start problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zano, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    I have a 2011 TRD Off Road. I bought mine new and now have 41k miles. I have experienced this about 3 times. I've never taken it to the dealer because of this because I know how it will go.

2. Feb 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    Im relighting an old thread. Could use some thoughts on this since Ive narrowed mine down to exactly when it will do it.
    Mainly spring/ fall when its cold in morning and dramatically warms up say 20-30 degrees and then I crank the truck. S for example if its say 40 overnight and 60 that day and I crank it up it'll definitely had a hesitant start. It could be 30-50 or 40-70 it doesnt have to be exact. Now if its say 60-80 it wont do it. If it stays cold all day down into 30s or 40s it wont do it or if it stays above 70ish overnight it wont do it.
    When it cranks its hesitant as if it isnt getting any fuel, then it finally cranks after 2-3 sec of hesitation. Sometimes its noticeably slow to get up to the higher idle speed when it does it too. The batt never sounds weak and I dont think its a fuel pump problem. I think it has to do with a temp sensor. Any thoughts?

Products Discussed in

To Top