1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer does good!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kingfrog, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Jun 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Had this vibration from about 10-30MPH after about a mile of driving. Don;t need the truck because Im 90% on the bike now so I decided to take it in and leave it. Told them I "think" it is reflected on a TSB but I will let them diagnose the problem. (I also threw them an oil change)

They call back and say yeah its the TSB and they replaced the rear transmission mount. I get the truck back and its STILL doing it..

So I take it back and ride with a mechanic. He thinks it may be an exhaust leak. He gets the Master Tech and they take it out. They come back 30 minutes later and he tells me its the damm CAI shroud vibrating against the hood. I thanked him and left thinking they were full of it.

I get home and place a folded towel between the hood and the CAI shroud and low and behold the vibration is gone. Chalk one up for the dealer. I wish I could find someone locally to swap the CAI and throttle body spacer the previous owner installed for a stock intake........Its worthless.

2. Jun 13, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    York County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Money Pit
    Glad they helped you out

3. Jun 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    Scarab21

Scarab21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tint, tinted tails + 3rd brake light, shaved tailgate, painted calipers. TSB Leafs+ AAL, PA/CB, 5100 Bilsteins set @ 2.5 up front. Satoshi line-x'd grill.

4. Jun 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    Cmatt1605

Cmatt1605 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
    Squeaky leaf fix
    x2 and what kind of CAI?

To Top