1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer Just Called

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MTLTaco, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Jun 3, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    MTLTaco

MTLTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    The dealer just called to inform me that my truck will be arriving in the next couple of weeks. Once they receive it I will have to wait a few days so they can apply the rust proofing. Is there anything you guys suggest I should look for or any particular questions you think I should ask. Much appreciated.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    reg boulette

reg boulette Well-Known Member

Member:
    -cancel the rust proofing, unless it is Krown or another reliable product - not the dealer's which is wax
    -tell them not to wax it - you need a couple of months for the paint to season
    -get a photocopy of the completed Pre Delivery Inspection form from service department to make sure this is done - takes a couple of hours to complete - you paid for it, some dealers don't do it.
    -visually inspect the truck before inspecting to ensure paint is blemish free, no rust on undercarraige, truck box is aligned with body, upholstery seams not frayed etc.

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Rust Proofing?!?!?!? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! aka Dealer Profit Markup.

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 7:42 AM
    MTLTaco

Member:
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    Good info. My buddy told me the exact same thing as far as the rust proofing goes. Stay away from the oil. I will defenetly look into the dealer inspection. Thanks a lot guys

5. Jun 4, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Modern vehicles are very well protected from rust. In fact, most vehicles come with rust guarantees of 7+ years, many 10. I didn't even think dealers sold this rust proof crap any more. They should be ashamed of themselves. Paint protectant and rust proofing and pin striping, etc. are all worthless gimmicks to add cost onto the vehicle.

A dealer tried to put new tires on my daughters Honda Accord for $1000! Until I interceded and stopped it. Dealers will STEAL FROM YOU if you don't protect yourself and arm yourself with knowledge. This particular Honda dealer will NEVER get business from my extended family again as they proved themselves unworthy by taking advantage of a woman who was uninformed.

6. Jun 4, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    MTLTaco

Member:
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    They take advantage. Thats where the forum comes in handy. I got no patience for that BS.

To Top