1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dealer problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lambdamoose, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Mar 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    lambdamoose

lambdamoose [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Lorain, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    dcsb TRD sport
    went to dealer to get paint chip problem looked at on the front bumper on my tdr sport 2011 which i got new in oct 2011, while there the service dept showed me service records that it had the bumper replaced headlight replaced and grill at a dealership in pa . I got this truck new at toyota of bedford in ohio and was not told about this damage, when I bought it new , little ticked off waiting to see what toyota will do. has this happened to anyone before?

2. Mar 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Read your post three times and still haven't found the "dealer problems" that you indicated with the thread title. Sounds to me like your dealer went above and beyond to inform you of a very common issue with new automobiles manufacturers and their products. If the damage is below a specific dollar value prior to them selling it then they have no legal requirement to even bring it up.

It's not a cheese burger that someone mistakenly added onions to that gets tossed while they make you a new one without onions. It's a machine with parts that can be interchanged with other parts if necessary. Believe it or not automobile manufacturers and their resellers don't always get the absolute best employees when it comes to moving inventory around and things often do get checked and sorted out prior to offering them to the retail consumer.

My advice, don't let this common occurrence get in the way of you enjoying your truck.

3. Mar 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB
    Relentless Aluminum Front Bumper Maxtrac Spindle Lift and 3'' Spacer Allpro Standard leaf and 2'' block
    i think you have legitimate frustration, if you buy a vehicle new, you don't expect there to be body work, so hopefully they'll take care of it for you

4. Mar 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    seric007

seric007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    your concern should be your current problem, whats up with the paint chip problem your experiencing? you kinda glossed over that. The part being replaced seems irrelevant to the current issue.

5. Mar 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    Vehicles get damaged during transport, it's common. To replace panels is no big deal. If paint is chipping, quit driving so close to the car in front of you. 3M film is a great investment for paint protection. Under $500 too!

6. Mar 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    anything listed on carfax?

7. Mar 23, 2012 at 10:17 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    I agree with Palehorse; I don't see the problem. The dealer had a vehicle with minor shipping damage and restored it to new condition then sold it to another dealer -- happens all the time as dealers ship around vehicles due to local demand. The bumper to (new) bumper warranty still applies.

In the future, always look up your vehicle's VIN at the dealer to see if it has any repairs or needs any recall work done before you buy it. You can also ask the dealer to check for any TSBs. Most dealers will do this because they aren't going to sour a deal trying to hide information from you. If they refuse just take your business elsewhere.

To Top