1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer stole my floor mat for recall

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by donovan6241, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Aug 25, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Then they need to give back your old floor mat, you sure its not behind driver seat?

2. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Yeah, the need to return or replace whatever they took out. I'd raise hell over that.

3. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    sooo...if they can keep aftermarket mats (which I don't believe they can) does that mean they can keep Weather Techs also...I don't think so!! :infantry:

4. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    donovan6241

donovan6241 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport Double Cab Long Bed
    yaa when i called, he told me they were in the back seat. I found them, but are you guys sure that they dont replace the after market ones?

5. Aug 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    I removed my mats in the morning .... had recall performed ..... put them in at night ...... :cool:

6. Aug 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    They only replace the Toyota all weather mats that might cause an issue (gotta cover their ass.) If you get into a accident where the cause was aftermaket mats that's your problem not theirs when lawsuit time comes.

7. Aug 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    TRDsport253

TRDsport253 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edgewood, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD sport 4x4
    TRD Wheels TRD Skid plate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Aug 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I love the disclaimer embossed on those mats. lol

Americans have really become sheeple of the nanny state.

9. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    dman597

dman597 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    maryland
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4X4 SPORT w/Tow
    6" Pro Comp Lift,295-75-R17,access rollup,Tint,front hitch,nfab step bars
    yeah i will be taking my mats out and putting them right back in!

10. Aug 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    Ipunchwalls

Ipunchwalls Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Colorado
    That's some bull shit right there, I would demand compensation. They took my all weather ones that came with the truck back in 05 and replaced them with the new ones which suck so much ass. I work out side in mud and water and the old ones did a great job containing the mud and water, but these new ones are such pieces of shit. I've had them a week, my carpet is getting dirty and they are already warping from where I keep my right foot. I already ordered some weathertechs, but fuck me that is some straight shit, not very happy with toyota at the moment :mad:

11. Jan 19, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    hammerdog

hammerdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    I wish I had read this thread before I took my 08 in today for a 25K service. I had already changed the oil and rotated the tires so I figured it would be about a 30-minute service call.

Even though I had an appointment, I waited an hour and 30 minutes and when I got my truck back; they had taken my front Tacoma all weather mats and replaced them with TRD off road mats. Now I have TRD mats in the front and all Tacoma all weather mats in the rear.

The TRD mats are not bad looking, but they are not as thick and do not have a lip around the outside of the mat to catch the water from melting snow. I bought the Tacoma all weather mats specifically for inclement snow weather and am not happy with the outcome of this mat recall.

If I had read this thread before the service call, I would have removed the mats prior to the service call.

12. Jan 19, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    I had the recall done last week even though I was only in for other warrenty items they added it to the to do list and when I read the service statement I asked if I could keep the floormats and they said that I could I just had to sign something seperate which I never did. I still have the originals. If the floormats where aftermarket they are supposed to put them "in the trunk".

13. Jan 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    You didn't happen to notice the floor mats were in your backseat??? That's a facepalm moment!

On a side note...I can't imagine owning this truck without the weathertech's I put in. Yes, they did cost $100+ but it is so great to not worry one bit about the floor getting gunked up. I had basic all-weathers too but none that actually molded to the sides and acted like a 'cup' to hold the water/snow/salt/mud/etc.

Weathertech's were one of the best mod's I have done to my truck. I don't offroad but am in the snowy northeast.

14. Jan 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    bwilson624

bwilson624 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Marion, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OR
    Fog light mod, bed lights, led dome and maps, ABS/VSC mod, turn signal mod, led lights in console and glove box, Sockmonkey Trd decal, blacked out badges, tinted tails
    Stock or not I'd raise hell if they took my floormats. By the time I left they would give me new ones or buy me weather techs. Lol but seriously, what the hell were they thinkin?

15. Feb 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    hammerdog

hammerdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is a follow up to my original post. I found the original mat recall letter I received from Toyota and it stated:

"If your vehicle is equipped with a set of optional genuine Toyota All Weather Mats (AWFM), it will be inspected to determine if the AWFW set is or an older design. If it is, the older design AWFM for the driver and the front seat passenger will be replaced with newly designed ones at no charge to you."

Based on this information, I contacted the Service Manager at the dealership, which serviced my Toyota, and he agreed to replace my all weather mats with the updated ones. The mats have been ordered and I just need to pick them up.

He did say the newer all weather mats are thinner, but I still prefer them because I spend the majority of my time in snow conditions during the winter.
    Problem is solved ! :D

16. Feb 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    Eman5pt0

Eman5pt0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    NY
    yeah mine were aftermarket so i had to but new ones, and they weren't selling the all weather ones because of the pedal recall

17. Feb 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    fortyniner

fortyniner Active Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    When I took my truck in for some warranty work they put the driver side mat on top of the passenger mat. I was about to go back in and ask what happen to my mat until I notice the double mats.

Products Discussed in

To Top