1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dealer trimmed pedal and reflashed without permission!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 350u, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    350u

350u [OP] Member

Member:
    ab canada
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab 4x4 trd
    brought truck in today for oil change and when I went to pay,he said they also trimmed the pedal and reflashed the computor!.....shud I be worried?
    It did piss me off that they diddnt ask first! because ! would have researched it on here first!thanx

2. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I'd be mad! Reflash fine. But I don't want my pedal trimmed. I would tell them to put a regular pedal back in. That's just me. I would make them do it mostly for the reason of them not asking me. Lol

3. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    skunk

skunk what did I miss?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudi
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 (STOLEN)
    YOU WILL BE MISSED Satoshi Grill, FX-R retros, husky liners, bed bolt d-rings, TRD short throw shifter, 2.5 Fox Coil overs, AP UCA's, AP Expo rear leaf with Fox 2.0 shocks, Extended SS brake lines, AP kick-out sliders, 265/75/16 on Konig Countersteers, AllPro Apex front bumper and Zip Ties.
    I wouldn't be too happy especially with a trimmed pedal.

4. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    No I would not worry about it. I did check into it and refused to get it done on my truck for some reasons but then later on the web I researched those reasons and they are unfounded. They though of all the possibilities when they made the new program up. The only thing it could effect is a later install of the supercharger but that flash can be edited so it sticks still. Man you guys have some winner stealerships down there. If it's not on the work order here approved by the customer they simple will not do it here. They can only do approved work here. If there is a big problem discovered they will just push it back outside till you return and approve the work.

5. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    flash? trimmed pedal? enlighten me oh taco sages for i kknow not of what you speak! (in other words, what the hell are ya talkin about?)

6. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    It is part of the accelerator recall...

Personally, I don't see why people make a big deal about it. I do not plan on supercharging my truck, and to be honest, I don't spend a whole lot of time staring at my gas pedal to be upset that it has been shortened (not noticeable in my opinion)..

7. Dec 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    If I would have done the research first I would have got it done. Just at the counter when they asked I said maybe better don't do it cause I have not done any reading up on it yet to see what the implications are. There really is no implications. You end up with a slightly safer truck. The only outstanding issue was the supercharger and that can still work if the guy knows what he is doing. Like you maybe never need it but say your wife one day might. It does happen, people with there foot on both petals at the same time. It only starts working at 1/4 throttle with the brake pressed at the same time.

8. Dec 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    billas333

billas333 They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    not a fan of the new smaller pedal. They didnt trim it they replaced it with a shorter one. Did the same thing to mine and tried to take my expensive tacoma all weather mats out too. Told them to leave them alone! but they pedal you get used to I guess

9. Dec 6, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    thanx man. ill have to read up on it and see if it affects my 2010. with my competitive driving background, im a bit fussy about my cockpit. things need to be in the right place or im just not a happy boy. pedal placement its key so i might be pissed to find they dinked with that and not discussed it with me to ensure id be pleased with the mod beforehand.

now, what about this reflash thing? if i went to the dealer, got flashed and was given some free trim, i might be ok with that. theres several very cute girls at mine

10. Dec 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    PA452

PA452 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    I had mine in for an alignment (which they failed at) back in September, and they did the same thing.

I don't notice any difference actually, but it really pissed me off that they did it without asking me and that they wasted my time while they were doing work I didn't even want done.

And then to top it off, they didn't even do the alignment correctly. :mad:

11. Dec 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    BBBsti LTD

BBBsti LTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4WD
    I took mine to the dealer last Saturday and I made clear that I did not want recall done. I asked the service advisor if I have to tell them every time I take the truck for service that I don't want the recall done and he said that in the case of the pedal recall, they are supposed to ask the customer for permission.

Sucks because I don't trust the dealer........

12. Dec 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    arizonataco

arizonataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix Arizona
    Firestone Airbags ARE Camper Shell
    The service MANAGER (not writer) instructed my family member to:

1st get the recall pedal trim.
    2nd then request that you don't like the pedal and you want the new style replacement.
    Dealer will have to order so be be patient.
    It was NO CHARGE
    The dealership Wright/Right Toyota is in North Scottsdale AZ.
    The truck was 2008 Tacoma.Service Manager person is Frank V.
    I have endorsed this dealership before.I don't get anything from them.
    Yes, I have had some problems with their service Dept.But after staying on top of them I have always been satisfied so far.My trucks have had extended warranties on them

Or?

I vote to............ leave it alone

Products Discussed in

To Top