1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dealer wont install a toyota part

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacomaPrime, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2011 at 7:50 AM

TacomaPrime [OP] Cybertronian Tacoma

May 20, 2011
    First Name:
    05 Prerunner SR5 TRD off road
    So I called my dealer to see if they could get the engine block heater for my 05 v6 tacoma. They told me that toyota doesn't make/sell those.
    I explained that alot of people on the forums get them from trdparts4u.com, which I believe is a dealer in dallas. So I asked if he could install that if I bought it from that site. I was told no.
    So the service manager called me, and I asked why toyota would not install a toyota part on my toyota truck. I was told that because they couldn't get the part themselves, they could not warranty it, so they couldn't install it.
    doesn't make sense to me, cause my truck isn't under warranty anyway. But whatever. OH, He also told me that engine block heaters can cause serious damage to the truck. Which doesn't make ANY sense to me.

Well, I ended up buying the one from trdparts4u.com and I'm going to just install it myself, since it seems SUPER easy.
  2. Nov 30, 2011 at 8:06 AM

upthemaiden Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    First Name:
    Pittsburgh PA
    06 Access cab SR5
    Just bought it!
    One of my dogs chewed on a seatbelt in my old car and I couldn't get it inspected. I bought another seat belt and tried to take it in to them and they said they wouldn't install it because they had no way to know if it was the right seatbelt..... That was just an obvious case of them wanting us to pay them to order a new part so they could get the cash from the markup. I came home and stuck it in myself and haven't bothered going back there since. Good luck with it!
To Top