1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealers STINK!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Snowman11, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Apr 30, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    Snowman11

Snowman11 [OP] Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Went to the stealer today to get the 5000 mile oil change and tire rotation.
    After the kid at the desk giving a sigh for me coming in at 3:00 at the express lube (open till 6:00) he said that he could fit me in.
    Waited an hour in the lovely waiting room.
    Around comes my truck and the kid manager in charge tells me to come fill out the paperwork.
    I first went out and inspected my truck for dings and looked at my tires... the front tires were cupped. WTF? I go in and ask him why the tires weren't rotated. He says to the guy next to him "go ask Bill if he rotated the tires."
    Three minutes goes by and the guy comes back and says yeah he rotated them.
    I was like, in all your years of experience, have you ever seen tires cup on the rear if there is no independent suspension and he says yeah??
    Then he says are you questioning my mechanic? I said it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he didn't do it. He looks at the paperwork and says he had to take the wheels off, he measured the brakes, the numbers are right here.
    I said I'm not questioning if he took them off or not, are you going to rotate the tires or not?
    So he gets the keys back and I wait another half hour only to see the mechanic treating my truck like dirt, flies around the corner out of the garage and slams it into a stop then puts it in reverse and jams it in park.
    I put my hands on the steering wheel and slide them only to get black on my fingers.
    They suck. I get free oil changes for the first 2 years and I'm stuck with this crap, maybe I'll eat it and do it myself.
    By the way, no apology by dealer.

2. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    thats probably one of the reasons why i dont take my truck in to the dealership for the 2 years maintenance-free plan. who knows what goes on back there when you're patiently waiting in the lobby area. i'd rather change the oil myself in the privacy of my own home, and still be able to spend time with the fam

3. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 RegCab 4x4 TX Special Edition
    Sirius, Bugflector,back-rack, stepsides.
    WTF, sounds like a bunch of dirtbags, I would write a formal complaint letter to the GM. They are obligated to treat customers vehicles with respect.

4. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:23 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM Tacoma DCSB
    None, yet
    They just refused to rotate my tires because I have aftermarket tires. "the mechanic is not confident to touch your wheels without damaging them, and we don't have a socket to fit them"

5. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    i have the 2 year free maintenance as well, but i'm not taking it to the stealership for oil changes. do you think if i go in there and just ask for a toyota oil filter, will they give them to me? I know they won't put synthetic in your truck. maybe at least get a free oil filter.

6. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    Snowman11

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Free oil filter, that would be funny, I should try it... and obviously remind them of the service I got the last time.

7. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    Snowman11

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Has anyone ever had cupped tires in the back?
    Also the rear wheels were clean and the front ones had brake dust all over.
    It seemed so obvious...

8. Apr 30, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    Snowman11

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Oh and by the way, they claimed they had no idea what the leaf spring TSB was. That was the last time I called them. I proceeded to call Toyota who said no problem and gave me the TSB number and said take it to any dealer. I since changed my mind about the TSB but that's a whole other topic.

9. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    Back in 07 when I purchased they didn't have this 2 years free oil change bs...thank god!! I love changing the oil on my truck...it couldn't be any easier. I think you'll find the less you have to go into the dealership the happier you'll be.

10. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. If anyone at out dealer was caught acting like that they'd be fired on the spot by the owner. Also we don't have kids working the express lube at our dealer, it's still run through normal service and reg. tech do them.

11. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Snowman11

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    I think you are probably right. I'll most likely put synthetic in it next time and do it myself. I just hate cleaning up the mess and disposing of the oil. The oil change is easy.

12. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    jackwithcorona

jackwithcorona Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Eastern Mass
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4
    bestop supertop, rubber bed mat, weathertech floor mats
    yeah fuck them call toyota on their ass. sorry you had to deal with them like that... maybe try a new dealer?

13. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    get a fumoto drainvalve.

14. Apr 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5, AC/LB, 4x2, V6, Auto, w/Tow, SiriusXM, Stock
    UnderCover SE, Bed Mat, Tint, Weather Techs & DashGoPro
    I just bought a 2011 and have the 2 years of free maintenance ... but I will do all my routine maintenance myself.

15. May 2, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    USARMYAV11

USARMYAV11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Vehicle:
    11 Sport Mag Grey
  16. May 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Ouch, you need to find a new dealer to work with. Def call customer service.

17. May 2, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    X2

I've never had any problems with work done at the dealership where I bought my truck .

18. May 6, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    ToyTaco

ToyTaco For the Retards, Im a Female

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Newark, DE
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport 4x4 modified
    i usually do not take my vehicles to the dealership.. but at least where my tacoma was from I have a friend who is the services dept manager and the mechanic who works on my truck is the same one every time (he even checked in the truck when it first came to the dealership so he knows it well)... I have never had an issue. Its really not dealerships, it can be anywhere, i have had problems with chain branch shops and non where they have impacted my lugs, not changed oil etc. I do not trust anyone with my vehicles unless i have established a one on one relationship with them

19. May 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    Snowman11

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    ...a little update. Talked to my sales guy (who seemed very disappointed) and he gave me the name of the service manager. Gave him a ring and he listened to the whole story and said he would look into it. Never heard back but guess what showed up today in the email? Yeah, that's right, the survey. Dishes are done! I demand to be treated with respect especially when I am paying for it.

20. May 15, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    I cant stand one of the dealers near me. I have been giving the wrong part twice, and its not like im in there every day to buy something. However i really like like the one 40mins away they go very far out of their way to acomodate a customer.

To Top