1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealers who performed the Suspension TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hotdog, Mar 26, 2008.

1. May 23, 2008 at 5:06 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Findley called today.They rushed my order.Parts are in.The 4 leaf pack.(I asked) Appoint. is next wed.One step closer till the 5100 Billies go in.

2. May 28, 2008 at 6:57 AM
    bigguy78619

bigguy78619 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road PreRunner DC
    i called chula vista toyota yesterday and they did not want to belive that i have a TRD they said i have to take it in so that they can inspect it...what is there to inspect the damn ass bottoms out! anyways im taking it in tomorrow. lets see if they dont give me the run around like some of the fellas have been getting here.

3. May 28, 2008 at 7:27 AM
    cotto

cotto Active Member

Member:
    What Can You Do If Your Truck Is Out Of Warranty. Will They Still Replace Them For Free.

4. May 28, 2008 at 7:42 AM
    bigguy78619

bigguy78619 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road PreRunner DC
    highly doubt it because on the bulletin it says in bold that it has to get done while ur truck is with in the factory warranty, but maybe if you hassle them a bit they will do it, just keep bothering them and maybe the will budge!

5. May 29, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    All good here.Got there at 9.Used their shuttle while they worked.They called at 12:10,truck was done.Looked & there was a pair of 4 leaf packs.Ride home I could not tell any diff. Speed bumps felt the same. I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to all who took the time to share their experience in this form.

6. May 29, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    catskillbill

catskillbill Member

Member:
    Delaware County,NY
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport DC LB 4.0 Auto Indigo Ink
    I was kinda pissed when I made my first trip home from Lowes two weeks after getting my '08 Sport DC LB. Had about 800 lbs of ceiling tile, gas and people and every little bump made the truck jar me by hitting the stops.

Looked underneath and sure enough my 01/08 built Taco had the dreaded 3 leaf setup. Called Empire Toyota in Oneonta, NY and was told to bring it in loaded for evaluation. No way I was going to make the 70 mi round trip again with a load of ceiling tiles with T-storms just to our west.

Waited a couple weeks and stopped in and spoke with the service manager John Maine. Told him about the TSB. He looked it up and said '08's not included yet. Asked him why, and he said he'd check into it. The next day he called me to say the regional service manager said do it.

4-5 days for the springs to come in and picked her up this afternoon. 80% of my ride home is winding hilly roads. Pushed the truck a little harder in the turns. The truck now handles great. No more white knuckled driving. Able to take turns faster and feeling more in control.

Glad I had it done before taking my 19' Center Console boat for it's maiden Taco voyage 220 miles to the ocean. I think it would've been a "hold your breath" journey with the 3 leaf setup.

It was only the second one they've done and, and I'm sure happy I did it. If you ask about calmly and let the service dept. check with the higherups you'll get good results.

Kudos again to Empire Toyota in Oneonta NY.

7. May 31, 2008 at 11:47 PM
    Hester08Taco

Hester08Taco New Member

Member:
    San Jose,California
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner,access cab,impulse red
    Snugtop supersport shell
    I just had Piercey Toyota in San Jose,Calif. do the suspension tsb-su006-07 on my 2008 Tacoma Prerunner,after a month long battle with them,and Toyota Customer Expierence @ 1-800-331-4331.The final straw that broke the camels back was this,I called toyota customer experience the 2nd time,and said that the suspension was way to soft,and that it was a hazard to drive on the freeway at speed.I told them that if I get in a wreck,and injure myself,or someone else Toyota was going to get sued.The next day the service manager at Piercey called me,and said that they wanted to inspect my truck.I took it in,and they said that they would do the tsb.It was definetely worth the fight the ride is so much better its like night,and day.Also I had real bad steering wheel vibration on the freeway,I had them road force balance all 4 wheels,and it corected the problem!

8. Jun 1, 2008 at 7:20 AM
    TACOCRAZY

TACOCRAZY Active Member

Member:
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 double cab
    Custom made 15 degree offset t-handle billet aluminum shifter handle, more to come
    I had my tsb performed and it is a HUGE improvement!!!! My dealer didn't give me a hassle because i work there, as a service advisor. I ordered my own parts, wrote my own ticket, and filed my own warranty claim. BTW it costs Toyota about $2,000 to do the TSB! Better them than me!

9. Jun 1, 2008 at 10:40 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    Hey there Sarasota. I lived in Sarasota for 3 years with my skank of an ex.

sorry, off topic.

I am going to call piercey tomorrow to see if they will do mine too. I will post the outcome.

10. Jun 2, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    Kartman

Kartman New Member

Member:
    I have been monitoring this post for months hoping someone in the Bay Area would post up the name of a local stealership that performed this TSB. Piercey is about 20 minutes from my house so please do share your experiences when/if you have it done! Thanks!

11. Jun 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I live around Pittsburgh,PA. have a 08 and would like to know of any dealerships around the area that have done the TSB. I bought mine at Massy Toyota and they gave me a hassle. Just wondering of any dealer that has done the work. Thanks.

12. Jun 2, 2008 at 2:32 PM
    TACOCRAZY

TACOCRAZY Active Member

Member:
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 double cab
    Custom made 15 degree offset t-handle billet aluminum shifter handle, more to come
    Hey all, just wanted to give you the magic words to get this TSB performed, you must say "my truck rides rough when loaded". The dealer is only required to perform the TSB if this is the complaint. Good Luck

13. Jun 2, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    Lithia Toyota of Medford (oregon)
    Easy deal I went in and They ordered parts called when parts where in installed and a few hours later called and truck was done...
    They even did it after my lift was installed :) (Michael C is the man!!)

14. Jun 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    I called piercey this afternoon and left a msg......no call back maybe tomorrow!!

15. Jun 3, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Damn I might have to make a big roadtrip. Up north I'm getting the cold shoulder. Haven't tried Beaverton Toyota yet

16. Jun 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    Michael Campbell Is they guy i delt with...
    After conformation I gave him a $$$ Tip for helping out...
    Hoping he might work for me later if needed.

17. Jun 3, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    bledsoe3

bledsoe3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB Limited
    SnugTop, Air Lift bags, Bilstein 5100's up front, AAL in rear, 275/70/18 BFG AT TA KO2, URD TCAI, URD Cat Back
    I had it done at Ron Tonkin Toyota in Portland on 122nd. I told a coworker about the TSB and he had his done at Gresham Toyota in where else, Gresham. Check with one of those two dealers. I know they have done it.

18. Jun 6, 2008 at 4:21 AM
    RaveOn

RaveOn New Member

Member:
    Had mine done at Bell Rd. Toyota in Phoenix AZ. area. No problems or hassle.

19. Jun 6, 2008 at 8:13 AM
    TacoTurd

TacoTurd Defying Alliances since 2007

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Bull Bar, PIAA lights, Passport, Bed Mat, UWS Toolbox, Hood Struts, Rear TSB, TRD/Okole Seat Covers, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Burned Carpet, Nasty Dent in Roof
    Classic Toyota in Round Rock, Texas has done at least two. No hassles there.

20. Jun 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM
    mceagle555

mceagle555 Tacoma Shrek

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    '05 Impulse Red PreRunner DC TRD OR
    Metra iPod/aux; Rugged Cover Tri-fold Tonneau; Center Console Divider; AFE Pro-Dry S AF; 4-leaf TSB; Fumoto Oil Valve;
    Berglund Oak Ridge in Central, VA did mine...no issues whatsoever...

Did not require a load in the bed or test drive... they just went outside to look at it, ordered the parts, and called me when the parts came in.

Products Discussed in

To Top