1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership attention to detail

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Sharpie, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Apr 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    Sharpie

Sharpie [OP] Ready to travel

Member:
    South TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Sport 4x4 M/T Pyrite
    I dropped my pickup and had the rear leaf TSB done, and they washed it for me. Great, right? Except by 'washed' I mean, 'ran it through a car wash.' Now there are little horizontal marks all over my entire month-old pickup. :mad: I didn't ask them to wash it, I guess they were trying to be nice or something, but you'd think they'd know better!

I used some Maguire's wax on one panel after I washed it today, and they come out with no problem, but I had no intention of waxing my entire pickup today. So now one panel looks good, but the rest is still all messed up and I don't have the time to do it all. Guess I'll just have to deal with it until I do a full wash and wax in another couple of weeks.

I also already have a nice collection of scratches inflicted by parking lot idiots, including one 10 inch long on my driver's side door. I waxed over them too so they're a little less painfully obvious until I have time to deal with them properly.

2. Apr 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I'm sure once you fully wax the whole truck it will be fine. Might have to use a buffer on that scratch though.

3. Apr 24, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    The first few hurt like hell man. I had a door ding o my truck...took it to a PDR guy he says...ahh that lil thing- you can harly notice it.

I said funny... I look at that side of the truck and its the first thing I notice.

4. Apr 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    FFTacoma

FFTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    What you have is the classic "DIS", like they call it on auto detailing forums. Dealer Installed Scratches :(. I thnk this comes from how fast and furiously they try to make cars appear clean. They actually end up slinging a lot of abrasive material on your car via dirty wash buckets, sponges, towels, etc. If you are not proficient with a high speed buffer, you may want to sacrifice a little $$ and let a pro detailer buff those out for you. Sorry to hear they were so harsh on your new ride!

Products Discussed in

To Top