1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dealership recommendation

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Conjure, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    Conjure

Conjure [OP] Active Member

Member:
    can anyone recommend a good salesperson/dealership? i live in broward county. i've tried maroone, lehman, n. hollywood, lipton, royal palm, even reached out to germain in naples, lol...not too pleased with the folks i've been in contact with. at two different dealerships the sales person didn't know which vehicles were 4-cyl and which ones were 6-cyl. another one we sat down with had a customer approach our table and was pissed at our sales guy about something re his wife...they both walked away and our sales guy never came back. the next day in trying to negotiate with the same sales guy via e-mail he wouldn't give me an offer and said "we won't be undersold" lol, what's wrong with these people, don't they want to sell their cars? anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

2. Feb 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    Were are u located

3. Feb 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    Conjure

Member:
    broward county, south florida. looks like you're in socal, my native home :)

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 4:53 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup
    Not sure if you already found a place, but I also live in Broward and had a similar experience. Go to Toyota of Hollywood, as for Jorge Sierra. He is the sales/finance manager and a straight shooter. After about 15 minutes of negotiating we were done. He is simple: "this is the offer, go try to beat it." I did, and was told by 3 different dealerships that they couldnt beat his price. My salesman at Hollywood was a douche, but Jorge is good people.

5. Feb 10, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    Conjure

Member:
    not yet, my wife and i visited both hollywood and maroone, the two dealerships are like night and day, but most importantly we just want good service and to get a reasonable deal...we could really care less what the places look like, we just don't want to be jacked around. most of my dealings have been via e-mail to several other dealerships. we were turned off by the hollywood sales folks, but based on your recommendation i reestablished communication with them and will see what they can do...btw, many thanks for the heads up and Jorge's name!! what i'm looking for though is challenging, the 4-cylinder double cab with gray interior and the SR5 package. not an easy find :(

6. Feb 11, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup
    The internet turned out to be a waste of time for me, but from what i heard, it could be a great tool to start the bargaining before you ever step foot in the stealership, so if it works for ya, go that route.

As for hard to find trucks, my access cab 4x4 with TRD offroad and tow package wasn't easy either. They found 2 in Alabama and one in Jacksonville. The one in Jacksonville had extra add ons i didnt want, and the 2 in alabame sold before i could get em, so i had to wait a few weeks for my truck to come available. It was delivered to a dealer in Gainesville- and was promptly fitted with running boards I didnt want. Jorge had it towed down here, ate the cost of towing and the running boards, and didnt ask me to sign anything- just a handshake and my word.

7. Feb 11, 2011 at 1:14 AM
    JTaco386

JTaco386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I know you're in South Florida, but Daytona Beach Toyota has good people and they offer a Lifetime Warranty through their dealership on all new vehicles.

8. Feb 11, 2011 at 4:06 AM
    Bat

Bat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner SR5 Access Cab
    I also live in Broward. Bought the truck from Maroone but get all my service done at Hollywood. Maroone gave me a hard time with TSB's but Brian at Hollywood service is great.Sent alot of guys over to him and none had problems.

9. Feb 12, 2011 at 6:00 AM
    Conjure

Member:
    Many thanks TacoTabe, JTaco386, and Bat for your responses. I really appreciate it. Not sure why these stealerships bother to have an internet department...i agree it's somewhat a waste of time (and all those automated responses get annoying), but i am able to get a good idea of what they sell for and am able to compare with Edmunds etc. the hardest part is trying to lock them down on a total OTD, because i want it in writing before i step foot on their lot. anyway, working with a few of them and decided to revisit toyota hollywood based on your recommendations. i have no choice, i have to buy one now, as i just bought my Doug Thorley headers from the GB on this forum :D i usually try to do my own work, but not sure how advanced the install is for these...do any of you know how to? i'll compensate of course within reason unless someone can point me to a good mechanic who won't want one of my arms or legs, lol. thanks again, great group of folks on this forum :)

10. Feb 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    Conjure

Member:
    thanks again for the tips :D i finally placed a deposit on one which will arrive in a few weeks. amazing how difficult it was to get someone to work with me and i'm a very simple, straightforward dude...all i wanted was a 4-cyl DC w/SR5 in either white, magnetic gray, or black w/graphite interior. looking forward to my new baby :cool:

11. Feb 18, 2011 at 4:39 AM
    TacoTabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup

I feel your pain- all I wanted was Magnetic Grey (or is it gray?), White or Black, but Access Cab 4x4 v6... Apparently thats a tough combo to find, cuz it took me a while, and I had to have one brought down to here...

Who'd you deal with? I did my dealings with the sales manager at Hollywood and he required no deposit, just a handhsake and my word.

Congrats on the new truck- you'll love it! I love mine more each time I lay eyes on it :D

12. Feb 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    Conjure

Member:
    thanks man! i never spoke directly to the manager you mentioned, but told my salesguy i wanted a quote from him instead...their quote was still higher than what i got with Lipton Toyota, who i ultimately went with. you must have got lucky with Hollywood. i felt Lipton had the best communication among all the dealerships i contacted and felt more comfortable with them, plus i was able to customize the truck exactly the way i wanted it re packages and options...let's hope it arrives safe and sound the way i ordered it :p again, thanks for all the help and happy truckin' :thumbsup: btw, anyone know the best local shop to go to for parts and accessories...i live in Broward.

Products Discussed in

To Top