1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership STILL refuses TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SCFirefighter, May 14, 2010.

1. May 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    :yay: Glad you finally got it. So sorry for all your troubles. I had to go through a few hoops to get mine done, everything you mentioned short of putting sand/quickcrete in my truck.

2. May 18, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    ScubaCougr

ScubaCougr Active Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRrunner
    nerf bars
    100% Backward.

Dealers usually HATE warranty work, because the manufacturer reimburses a fixed amount for labor that is often less than the shop rate you pay, and sometimes for less time than it actually takes to do the work.

And while the dealer is doing the TSB at the reduced rate that Toyota pays, some retail service customer who pays the full $120 an hour shop rate can't get in to get their valve stems lubed, so the dealer loses twice.

3. May 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter [OP] on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    I just came back from the dealer with my new springs. Gained 1.75".

[​IMG]

4. May 26, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    You should expect to see that settle at least 3/4". I have found that my truck kept settled well over an inch...but I load it up to capacity a few times per week.

5. May 26, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter [OP] on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    That's fine. Thanks for the heads up. I just wanted the TSB done so now I can start replacing my suspension parts (lifts etc) without later having to worry about Toyota not honoring the TSB on my modified suspension.

6. May 26, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    2K6 Taco

2K6 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport D-Cab LG Bed
    i read this whole thing, no one talked about Toyota Good Will. anyone had this done? i just bought mine exactly one month ago at 54k miles and its an 06. what can i do to get this done out of Good Will?

edit: i forgot to mention, i bought it as a certified pre-own

7. May 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    IIRC a couple of guys have gotten it done, but most have been denied out of warranty

8. May 27, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    2K6 Taco

2K6 Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport D-Cab LG Bed
    if only i had tuned into this site before i went out to buy my truck.

today, i was hauling furnitures like couches and tables on the truck and the truck didnt seem to sag. i also hauled an 8ft trailer with more funitures in there and still didnt see a big difference. the combined weight had to be more than 800lbs considering both the bed and the trailer was full at once.

9. May 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    tacodawg

tacodawg Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Benicia, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFF ROAD
    NONE ..just bought it
    I just bougt an 07 trd off road and the tsb had not been done.. I called toyota customer service told them I was bottoming out and they took a report number and asked where I service the vehicle.. I told them concord.. I called the dealer ship and they looked at it and it is being done. 38k miles.. some dealerships are better than others.. I told them I put my dirt bike in the back and the ride was horrible.. granted I had just bought the truck from them a few days earlier.. thank for the info on this board I got it fixed now I just need new shocks for the front..

Products Discussed in

To Top