1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership swap out tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rod11, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Apr 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    rod11

rod11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    09 Pyrite Mica DC Prerunner TRD Sport
    I've been waiting over a week for my 09 DC TRD Sport to arrive at the dealership. Since I've been waiting so long, I've had time to come up with a plan for some better tires (I hope). I want to replace the stock 265/65/17's that come on there (Bridgestone Duellers I believe) with something more aggressive. I'm going to see if the dealership will allow me to bring in 4 Nitto Terra Grapplers and them swap them out, giving me some sort of credit for the original tires they're taking off. They will only have about 150 miles on them.

Anyone think there's a chance they'll give me a fair amount for the tires? How much more expensive is it going to be for the dealership to mount and balance the new tires?

2. Apr 11, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    It won't hurt to ask but I don't think they will. I would just take them to a local shop. It will be cheaper. Then you can sell (or keep) the "old" tires off the truck. You will probably fair better that way.

3. Apr 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM
    ccoorreeyy

ccoorreeyy www.EvolvedFinance.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Los Angeles (South Bay)
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4x4 SR5 Debadged
    BHLM, Revenge Fab Rock-Sliders, BFG TA KO's, N-Fab light bar with 4 Hella 500's, Rear Suspension TSB, TRD Exhaust, CB Radio, 100W Ultra bright headlights, JBL Sound
    Yea. You'll probably make more money if you take the tires home with you and sell them on craigslist.com or something. Good luck and congrats on the new truck!

To Top