1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deals on 2009's? Any significant changes for 2010 Tacos?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sixdoubleseven, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Jul 23, 2009 at 10:37 PM
    zippo44

zippo44 New Member

Member:
    Wait until the official word comes out on the 2010 Tacoma...

Internal documents show that the redesigned 2010 4runner is getting a new/revised 4.0 engine that will have a ~30 HP and ~10 torque boost and better MPG. This same document, outlining model changes, showed the 2010 FJ Cruiser getting the same engine.

Unfortunately, the page with the Tacoma on it was cut off, but it is a very strong possibility that the engine will be coming over to the 2010 Tacoma, it would make absolutely NO sense for toyota to produce the old engine JUST for the 2010 tacoma.

I know this contradicts dealer info, but toyota is very tight lipped about this kind of stuff, with the point of avoiding sales cannibalization on current model years. Definitely a possibility and worth waiting a month or so for... even if you go with an 09 after all, if there is a change you will have some bargaining power you do not have now.

It's here if you feel like fact checking... you'll have to sign up, it's in the 2010 4runner PDF.

http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3708&page=5

2. Jul 23, 2009 at 11:45 PM
    big_country

big_country Big Country, Big Business

Member:
    Madison
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl Cab V6 4x4 LB
    None... yet. Well unless you count window stickers :)
    Ah man I know how that feels. Bought my taco in May but tore up my ankle a few weeks ago and im just now getting back to driving that gorgeous thing. Good luck with your purchase, make sure to do your homework and remember that they don't know what you really want, only what you say you want :p

Products Discussed in

To Top