1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Death Shake

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DARK TRD, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Mar 6, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    DARK TRD

DARK TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bartlett,IL
    Vehicle:
    All Black TRD Sport
    ez lift 3inch plus 1 inch block custom flat black trd black stickers same style as stock black badges from toyota black headlights tinted windows satoshi grille with grillcraft grill vinyl tinted tail lights
    Hi im new here to tw i have 3 in ez lift 2 in aal and one inch block i get real bad vibration at any speed but not always but when i hit a bump or am going over 60 i get a scary death shake also i have alot of slime in one tire you think it has to do with lift or slime

2. Mar 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    GSRON

GSRON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Northern CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR Cement
    Quikfix seat risers and lic plate mount, MESO interior and stage 1 tails, glove box and console dividers, shelf for center console, FACTOR 55 hitch link, TC bed stiffeners, OE bed mat,
    Combination of both.....

3" "ez-lift" (all show, no go) w/o aftermarket upper control arms = no alignment possible. You can come close but it won't be right. This could give you a shake, esp when hitting bumps.

Slime in a tire with a TPMS sensor? There's probably a warning on the can about that. Have the tire removed from the rim and cleaned out. Then have the tire repaired correctly and rebalanced, a $15 tire repair is cheaper than an $85 sensor, if the sensor isn't already damaged.

3. Mar 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    yea, I agree with ^^...The slime is a no go...this will defiantly cause a bad vibration. Im not so sure on the ready lifts as I don't know enough about them and how they affect the geometry of the vehicle. I also know that a really wide tire will cause this as well. My brother in law had a Jeep that had these retarted wide tires on it and he would get the death wobble going over bumps.

4. Mar 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    DARK TRD

DARK TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bartlett,IL
    Vehicle:
    All Black TRD Sport
    ez lift 3inch plus 1 inch block custom flat black trd black stickers same style as stock black badges from toyota black headlights tinted windows satoshi grille with grillcraft grill vinyl tinted tail lights
    thanks guys i guess i have to wait for some more money to get new wheels and tires im over due anyway

Products Discussed in

To Top