1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deaver J66 vs. Allpro Standard

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 6spd, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jun 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM
    6spd

6spd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    which would be the better leaf spring performance wise? this would be coupled with a king resi, with little to no load on the bed.

I searched, and couldnt find a comparison thread :eek:

I understand the allpro can give up to 3" of lift, as the Deaver goes for 1.5". my main concern is the sag, which would sag first given that I dont have any heavy loads, generally? I want something better than my soon to be shite non tsb springs.

2. Jun 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    6spd

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    Ok, can owners of the j66 or all pro stds chime in then on their experiences, likes/dislikes of either setup?

3. Jun 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Deavers are well known for sagging after lots of flexing and high speed cycling.....this is just what I've gathered through a few years of research. In general, a SOA sucks balls and will have sagging issues with heavy enough use! With a 2.5" rear shock and legit bumps preventing bottoming out and negative arch, deavers would be one hell of a smooth ride....basically between the two, pick your desired lift height!

That being said, I'm running the AP standards and they kick ass! I prob got closer to 2.5" of lift as they were already used! I actually think these are the perfect springs for the rear of these trucks and even with my front set at 2.5-3" they still look good! They have a ton of flex and at high speed they're pretty impressive for still just having a 5100 in the back! My plan to enhance the performance is the same as above....2.5" resi shock and a bump stop!

With only 1-1.5" lift the deavers give and known sagging issues, I just couldn't pull the trigger for that price!

4. Jun 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    6spd

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2023 4x4
    Thanks. I keep going back to this thread, and am convinced that I'll probably go this route, since I think I have a leg up already on the shock size(2.5" kings!). that paired with the SUA, should be a good start for some decent speed stuff. I'm not concerned too much on articulation or lift(as SOA typically provides to achieve wheel travel).

Think I'll just run the king shock in the rear until I save enough for the SUA kit

Products Discussed in

To Top