1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debadge an Undercover SE?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by thruhike98, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Nov 17, 2018 at 11:59 AM
    thruhike98

thruhike98 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    D.C. Metro Area, South of the Potomac
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC V6 4WD 6-Speed Manual Tow Pkg Silver TRD Sport
    Keeping it stock-ish: • Michelin Defender LTX M/S 265/65R17 • Removed TRD Sport Bedside Decals • Removed Westin Nerf Bars (Prev. Owner) • OEM Running Boards • OEM Bed Mat • OEM Cargo Net • Spare Tire Cable & Lock • Hose Clamp Tailgate Theft Deterrent • Front Door Windows Tinted • Gecko's Sliding Window Security Bar • ImMrYo's Rear View Mirror Mount • Undercover SE Tonneau Cover • Removed Driver's Seat Lumbar Adj. Knob • Denso Iridium Spark Plugs • Removed K&N Air Intake (Prev. Owner) • OEM Air Intake • FIXD OBD-II Monitor • Redline Gear Oil: Trans., T. Case, F. & R. Diffs. • OEM All-Weather Floor Mats • Brake Quiet to Stop Clicking on First Press • OEM Daytime Running Lights Relay & Jumper • Original OEM Non-D.R.L. Relay • Goplus Hitch Extender Rack • Smittybilt Receiver D-Ring, Recovery Strap, & Shackle • BOLT Receiver Lock • Mpow Phone Holder, CD-Mount • AUKEY CC-S1 2.4A Dual-Port Charger × 2 • Removed Faded "4x4" from Mud Flaps • AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera
    Hello folks,

Anyone tried to debadge your Undercover SE tonneau cover? Is this possible? Is it glued on, or attached in some other way?

I have one of these on order, and was thinking I'd either ask the dealer to remove the name badge or do it myself.

I have read posts here about different sprays causing clouding of the surface, so cleaning up the adhesive might be a challenge.

Thanks.

CusterFan likes this.
  2. Nov 26, 2018 at 10:25 AM
    thruhike98

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Keeping it stock-ish: • Michelin Defender LTX M/S 265/65R17 • Removed TRD Sport Bedside Decals • Removed Westin Nerf Bars (Prev. Owner) • OEM Running Boards • OEM Bed Mat • OEM Cargo Net • Spare Tire Cable & Lock • Hose Clamp Tailgate Theft Deterrent • Front Door Windows Tinted • Gecko's Sliding Window Security Bar • ImMrYo's Rear View Mirror Mount • Undercover SE Tonneau Cover • Removed Driver's Seat Lumbar Adj. Knob • Denso Iridium Spark Plugs • Removed K&N Air Intake (Prev. Owner) • OEM Air Intake • FIXD OBD-II Monitor • Redline Gear Oil: Trans., T. Case, F. & R. Diffs. • OEM All-Weather Floor Mats • Brake Quiet to Stop Clicking on First Press • OEM Daytime Running Lights Relay & Jumper • Original OEM Non-D.R.L. Relay • Goplus Hitch Extender Rack • Smittybilt Receiver D-Ring, Recovery Strap, & Shackle • BOLT Receiver Lock • Mpow Phone Holder, CD-Mount • AUKEY CC-S1 2.4A Dual-Port Charger × 2 • Removed Faded "4x4" from Mud Flaps • AUKEY DR02 Dashboard Camera
    Hey all. Replying to myself to get this out there, in case anyone has a question about it in the future. I got the SE cover, and it rocks. Today I stuck my thumbnail under the Undercover logo, and it popped right off, no trouble at all. It's raining, so I'm not sure how much sticky residue is left. Undercover told me to use WD40 to get that off.

CusterFan likes this.
  3. Nov 27, 2018 at 8:55 AM
    Jordan.furn

Jordan.furn Jiujitsu

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport DCSB 2017
    Got any pics? I just ordered mine.

4. Nov 27, 2018 at 8:59 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    I did exactly that. Though I have the Classic.(same material, different shape). Mine was probably 8 years old when I took it off so there is still some sort of visual impression left where the logo was (sun exposure, dirt, etc.). Yours being so new, I bet you have zero issue once you get the adhesive off.

5. Nov 27, 2018 at 9:07 AM
    thruhike98

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I've got two pics that the dealer took and put on their Facebook page. I don't have one of the cover where I removed the logo yet. I'll post once I get the truck back from my wife. It looks good, no discoloration, only a small change in the contour where they intended the logo to be. Overall, it's a great cover. I love how sturdy it is, and how water tight it is.

Tacoma at Leer - Closed_o.jpg
    Tacoma at Leer - Open_o.jpg

6. Nov 27, 2018 at 9:15 AM
    thruhike98

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I like the smooth shape of the Classic. Went with one lock, over two, though. I bet you're right - it was raining, so I couldn't really tell if it was going to be sticky under there or not. I can check this evening. Visually, no problems at all.

7. Nov 27, 2018 at 6:19 PM
    thruhike98

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I got a photo of the part of the cover that had the logo. There is a slightly noticable change in the contour, but it is way less noticable than that puffy, chrome-y, logo sticker. There is a little gummy residue around the perimeter of the logo only. Might hit it with some WD40, might forget about it.
    IMG_20181127_201704.jpg IMG_20181127_160551~2.jpg

CusterFan, xJuice and Jordan.furn like this.
  8. Nov 29, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    thruhike98

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Update: Per the manufacturer, I shot the gummy adhesive with some WD40. Sticky is gone with no damage to the cover.

Products Discussed in

To Top