1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

debadging question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tcboss, Dec 28, 2006.

1. May 25, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    paul gallardo

paul gallardo rc racer

Member:
    northridge, ca
    Vehicle:
    5lug taco access cab
    fog lights,light bar, sport pedals, tire size swap(from 215/70/15 to 235/75/15to31/10.5/15). Crager 15x8 blackies 2.5 inch lift.Dynomax super turbo, AFE intake system.
    Has anyone thought of blackening the badges instead of removing them? Just curious.

2. May 26, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Pretty sure you still need to pull them to blacken them.Alot of people buy an extra set off ebay paint them and reapply.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. May 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Took off the TRD OR decals today. Heat gun at 12" for a while not getting the paint to hot. Fingernail and firm pressure. Goo Be Gone and then soap & water and wax. Think it's better without that big red lettered billboard look.

I'm still deciding on the chrome emblems. I will probably pull the tailgate emblems and leave only the Tacoma on the side.

4. May 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    ive debaged/demolded my last 3 trucks, but hesitant to do this one

5. Jul 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM
    gegundez

gegundez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Prerunner Dcab
    Overpriced stereo and alarm. MBRP Dual Exhaust.
    I want to debadge in order to advertise my company on the tailgate. The cleaner it is, the easier it will be for the decal sign company to have a better display. I will try it this week.

6. Jul 14, 2008 at 10:39 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    idk i bought mine debadged and sometimes i wish it had everything...sometimes without the stickers and emblems it makes the truck look naked

7. Jul 16, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    paul gallardo

paul gallardo rc racer

Member:
    northridge, ca
    Vehicle:
    5lug taco access cab
    fog lights,light bar, sport pedals, tire size swap(from 215/70/15 to 235/75/15to31/10.5/15). Crager 15x8 blackies 2.5 inch lift.Dynomax super turbo, AFE intake system.
    I did mine with a can of enamel paint and an artist's paintbrush.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Jul 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM
    branct06

branct06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    norcross Ga. and High Point Nc.
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black sr5 long bed trd sport
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    I used fishing line and just ran it behind the emblems in a sawing motion and it came off just fine, then i used soap and a bug tar remover to get the rest of the glue off, then waxed the area for a nice finish... GOOD LUCK!! for the fishing line i used 25 to 30 lb test

9. Jul 16, 2008 at 9:56 PM
    NHinAK

NHinAK Active Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    08 Tundra TRD
    -Debadged
    This thread is weak on pictures:

IMG_8253_cad61c2fef720d2a35cd1082dd0f4b03bcedbdf6.jpg

All badges are off, the TRD sticker is still on, and staying on. The badges came off very easy with a heat gun, goo gone and a re-application of the wax.

10. Jul 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Used a hairdrier.Back is done.I left the front alone.

11. Jul 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM
    k2raus

k2raus Member

Member:
    I found the fish line,wd40, a hot day and patience worked well. Why take them off some have asked? Personally I don't like badge crazy cars and I think Toyota takes the prize for being badge crazy. I had 5 on my tailgate, two up front, and of course the TRD! Yikes. Then there are the dealers that force one one you.

12. Jul 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Dealership badges/stickers/plates/plate frames are usually on my cars only for the trip from the dealership to the house.

The Taco is definitely badge-happy. I've been wanting to do something like this ever since I saw it. Maybe with charcoal gray stickers on my silver truck. Just haven't spent the time/effort/money yet.

13. Apr 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    black tacoma 666

black tacoma 666 drive it like you stoll it

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    07 4Dr TRD sport standard black tacoma
    cutted mud flap fumed tail lights badgeless T-rex grill ..more to come

GOOD TO KNOW thanx

14. Apr 17, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    I debadged for the cleaner look, especially the tailgate, with two rows of badges on each side, come on, way overkill for me. I thought about painting a few of them black and rebadging, but I love the clean look now. If I were to re badge black, I thought about only the side Tacoma badges and then placing the Prerunner badge somewhere on the tailgate, right or left corner maybe? But for now the Timberland Mica is shinning solo!
    :cool:

15. Apr 17, 2011 at 5:09 PM
    bridaw

bridaw The light was yellow, Sir.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    SoCal, East San Diego County
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 6-speed TRD OR 4x4 tow debadged
    tailgate hose clamp/washer mod ,disable seatbelt warning ,dealer tinted windows ,running boards ,DiamondBack SE bed cover ,OEM rubber bed mat ,TRD Japan shift knob ,bed rail corner reinforcement with angle brackets+square nuts ,Armor Tech Offroad mount for 60" highlift jack ,Scangauge II ,OEM roof rack ,BajaRack basket ,WeatherTech dark tint window deflectors ,removed mud flaps ,debadged ,stubby antenna ,D-rings - 4 in bed floor + 8 on the side rails ,cut four D-ring slots in bedmat ,secured ActionPacker 48 gal cargo box to bed ,center console lock ,relocated 7 pin harness ,Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite hood supports ,Pop & Lock PL5300 tailgate lock ,RAM A-pillar mounts for GPS and Drift HD170 camera ,RAM mounts on bajarack for Drift HD170 exterior shots ,relocated rear differential breather ,headrest iPad mount ,ImMrYo rear view mirror lift ,Panavise Indash mount ,265/75/16 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO on TKO black rims ,installed front and rear WeatherTechTacoma DigitalFit FloorLiners ,replaced interior/external lights with Jumpers LEDs +switchback mod +under hood light ,installed rcbs204 Illuminated 4x4 Switch ,installed left and right Relentless Off-road Fabrication hood hinge light mounts ,installed KB Voodoo's Powder Coated Tailgate Cap System ,installed front and rear Wet Okole seat covers ,made and installed mount for Trail Toys NSA Switch Panel ,did ND4's Fog Light Anytime Mod
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges... or stickers.

Trail pinstripes look better anyhow. :)

It started a couple weeks ago when I lost a rear 4x4 mud flap in the desert. I was removing the other flaps at home and noticed the logo on the rear of my diamondback cover was looking weathered. I removed it with fishing line while I was out there and removed the tape residue with goo gone. Hmm, that was easy... took everything off the tailgate next, then the doors and finally the TRD stickers. All I needed was the SoCal sun for heat. I was surprised how easy the ugly TuRD stickers came off.

I love the new look, easier to keep clean too.

No idea why people are using WD40, seems sort of messy. Every household should have goo gone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top