1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debating about the Air Guard

Discussion in 'Military' started by yotanator, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    yotanator

yotanator [OP] Not your average girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    Well that's good that you graduated. Damn, that must have sucked though

2. Mar 5, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    yeah it sucked pretty hard-- especially considering it was basic and i was treated as such the whole time-- they gave me a chance to get out but i stayed, graduted, and havent looked back-- easily the best decision ive EVER made in my life!!

3. Mar 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    That's good to know. So far I haven't met anyone who regretted going into the military.

4. Mar 5, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    serving your country, free education, job security-- whats not to love??:cool:

5. Mar 5, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    flyin_hawaiian

flyin_hawaiian Member

Member:
    hawaii/texas
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma on 35s
    3inch suspension, 3inch body, flowmaster 50 series cat-back duals. 18x10 with 35 M/T
    tell you what, loadmaster is a good gig. i got 1600 hours on E/H models (the old ones) and im going thru J model training (the newest most upto date model) and i love it. traveled the world got to do cool missions been to 26 countries on 4 continents. and best part is making money on deployments to spend on my truck. and as a flyer you get an extra $150.00 a month for flight pay.

6. Mar 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    That sounds great! Are you full time or reserve?

7. Mar 6, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    flyin_hawaiian

flyin_hawaiian Member

Member:
    hawaii/texas
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma on 35s
    3inch suspension, 3inch body, flowmaster 50 series cat-back duals. 18x10 with 35 M/T
    i am active duty.

8. Mar 7, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    flyin_hawaiian

flyin_hawaiian Member

Member:
    hawaii/texas
    Vehicle:
    04 tacoma on 35s
    yea tax free and Haz pay once you break ht border, but they are changing it so you have to be in AOR for a week..

9. Mar 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    I went through the first process of the air guard and did an interview with a recruiter, and everything seems great, except one big thing.....they don't like credit card debt. My parents put me on their cards (which aren't exactly low) so I could build up credit. I also have a card of my own. Am I completely screwed here?? :(

10. Mar 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    wvtac0

wvtac0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Panhandle - WV
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD DC Sport
    I put in over 5 years in the AF active duty as enlisted. While active duty, I finished up my BS. Got out of the AF and joined an Army Reserve Medical unit for 1-1/2 years as enlisted while I worked on my MS. Applied back to the AF for a commission. It was back to San Antonio (Lackland) for OTS. About 3 years active duty as an officer. AF had a program to down-size the officer ranks so i got out. Finished up my 20 years supporting Civil Air Patrol (CAP) as a non-paid reservist. Overall, I have no regrets.

While working with CAP, I had contact with ANG recruiters. Generally speaking, the ANG recruiters will be straight with you. Reason being, you are going to see them every drill weekend.

You have to ask yourself what your longterm goals are. Ask the ANG recruiter "how do I get there from here?" If the paths the recruiter seem ok with you, then go for it.

11. Mar 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Okay....I'm still a little nervous. I told my mom, and she didn't get what I meant by authorized user or cosigner. She just said it's her account, but my name is on it and I have a card.

Products Discussed in

To Top