1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

decal help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jr124gamboa, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    jr124gamboa

jr124gamboa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sr5
    airride airbags, bedliner,
    I need some help....I'm getting a custom decal made for my 4*4 double cab and I am looking for suggestions
    I really like the decals with the mountains in the background.
    Pics would be greatly appreciated because I will be using them to show the guy making it for me.
    thanks

2. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    ForeRunner

ForeRunner Scotch before noon. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Somewhere between Maine and Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Subaru WRX STI Limited (no wing)
    Extra PSI
    Yes, Sock makes some great decals. Take a look at his stuff.

3. Aug 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Got to go with Socks stuff, quality is OEM or better and he has a very wide selection. My bedside decals are Socks, I wasn't sure of the color combanation I wanted and he posted a number of color combinations for me. I went with his suggestion on colors, who am I to question the artist. :eek: :woot:

4. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    jr124gamboa

jr124gamboa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sr5
    airride airbags, bedliner,
    Sorry I lost my phone .....I didn't know who sock was, but looking at his designs they look good.
    Any white Tacomas with sock decals that want to post pics would be great too
    thanks again for the advice

5. Aug 23, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    X2 on sockmonkey. Makes some wicked cool decals.

There are a lot of examples of white Tacos all over this site with sock monkey decals on them... there is a search function available to you and you can seek out these for yourself bro...

But I'll share a favorite of mine (I like the retro look btw): click here

Also, check out chris4x4 as he has some tricked out old school decals on his ride that look awesome! (Ba aware his truck is silver, so if you only want to see white tacos then skip that one I guess, but oh well have a peek anyway, it's to feekin out there to pass up a peek bro).

6. Aug 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    TacomaMtnMan

TacomaMtnMan those who seek fear shall be followed by fear

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Broomfield
    Vehicle:
    Fox Shox lifted DC 4x4
    3" lift using Fox Shocks Coilover, Total Chaos UCA's. Running: Duratrac 285/70/17 Rear suspension just a 1" block for now. Will have custom rear springs no block. Fox w/ Resi.
    Check out Sockmonkey. I love mine I had custom made

IMG_0210.jpg

7. Aug 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    Bens MBL TACO

Bens MBL TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Rumbler
    AFE Air Intake, Billy 5100's up front set at .85 with top plate and lean spacer, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5160's rear shocks, Toytec AAL, TRD Exhaust, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, JBA Headers, 5k 35 Watt HID, 3K 35 Watt HID fogs, Anytime fog mod Fierce 265, 70, r17.
    Just got the PM that my orders are coming in from sock. Got the zombie response and toyota for tailgate. Sockmonkey is easy to work with, you tell him what you want and he will give you a few different combos to choose from.
    Post pics of my white taco after its been sock'd later this week, but theres plenty to search through on the threads. Post pics when you put on the finished product.

To Top