1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decending in DAC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD OFFROAD 4x4 VSC/TRAC/DAC/HAC
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    Got a question on the use of the downhill assist on my 07. When going down a steep loose rock trail in 4WD LO with the automatic transmission in L or 2 the truck crawls fine, but when the DAC switch is activated the truck starts making the sound of the brake vibration noise like it does when the traction control/stability control is operating. Anyway, is there a way to disable the traction control...on the 07 it looks like the traction control off button only operates in 2WD and while in 4WD the stability control automatically turns off. Is there a way to not have the brake pulsating noise happen when offroad??

2. Jul 30, 2010 at 10:31 AM
    originalthoughts

originalthoughts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OR 4x4
    Tailgate Anti-Theft, SnugTop Xtra Vision Shell, WeatherTech Mats, Extra D-Rings, Bed Mat, K&N drop-in
    Does it not have the DAC button that you can push to disable?

3. Jul 30, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    snugtop, piaa, weathertech, westin, oem bed mat, trd seat covers, avs inchannel vent visors, 2" suspension lift, front diff drop, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extention & reroute, front window tint, cat theft protection plate, tailgate clamp mod, xpel headlight/foglight protecters, oem block heater, bfg 265/75R/16 a/t k/o's, cabin air rodent protection screen, rcbs illuminated 4X4 switch mod
    Yep, when the DAC is activated the brake noise (like the traction/stability noise) starts going off so I push the DAC button again to turn it off. According to the way I read the 2007 owners manual the traction off button is only operational in 2WD and when in 4WD the stability control is automatically deactivated. Is this pulsating brake noise (while in 4WD LO and low gear) a normal thing to happen when going down steep loose gravel with DAC? I'm assuming the traction sensors think the truck is sliding due to the loose gravel but the truck wasn't sliding at all...just crawling. Has anyone else experianced this happening with the DAC?

4. Jul 30, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    Brandon###

Brandon### Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah I tried the dac while I was driving down a mountain in colorado. I was in 4 lo and in 1st gear. It started making all kinds of strange noises and the brake pedal was doing crazy things so I shut it off. Its kind of a stupid option. What's the point when you can put it in 4 lo?

5. Jul 30, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    OffroadToy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Well...After talking with a pretty knowlegable guy at the dealership it's just the abs brakes doing their thing to keep each tire from spinning...sure sounds like the truck is falling apart when it happens!!:rolleyes: I came down the same trail last year with 3 people in the truck and the brakes didn't do this when the DAC was activated...maybe the added weight helped? Anyway, he said it was nothing to worry about...the DAC was functioning as intended.

To Top