1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deciding between two lift kits...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cbb530, May 30, 2009.

1. May 30, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    cbb530

cbb530 [OP] Member

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner SR5-Extra Cab
    Bed-Liner Nerf Bars Black Honeycomb Grille
    I have a 2000 PreRunner extra cab. I wanted a little lift and a level look to go with it. I bought 31's about a year ago so I don't want to get new tires for a while. I've been reading threads on here for a while and I think I am hung up on two lift options

1) Bilstein 1500's all the way with the front set at 1.75 (or 2.5?) with the AAL in the rear

2) 3" lift kit with OME front coils and rear lift options from toytec

I was leaning toward the OME because I do haul some heavy lawn equipment in my truck and the rear sags down quite a bit. I was wondering if I put the stiffer coils in the rear if that would help me out with that.

Overall though I want a lift that gives me a little lift with the level look. I don't want the spacers lift even though I don't go off roading.

2. May 30, 2009 at 7:47 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    you cant put stiffer coils in the rear without a bunch of fabricating...youre not coilsprung...youre leafsprung

3. May 30, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    What he^ said...
    You can get an AAl or a complete replacement leaf pack.

4. May 30, 2009 at 2:32 PM
    cbb530

cbb530 [OP] Member

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner SR5-Extra Cab
    Bed-Liner Nerf Bars Black Honeycomb Grille
    So should I get the Bilstein shocks all around with the AAL in the rear? What should I set the front shocks at if I want to level it out? I've heard people say 1.75 and other 2.5...but some people say the 2.5 is a stiff ride.

5. May 30, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    I think 1.75" in the front should level it out with the TSB springs. If you set the Billys to 2.5", you'll probably need an AAL in the back to keep it level.

Products Discussed in

To Top