1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deciding what lift to get HELP!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Gtrev7, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Apr 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM
    Norton

Norton Senior TW Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monument, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 5-Spd SR5 TRD 4x4
    TRD Supercharger; URD 7th Injector; Injen CAI w/Airaid SynthaMax Filter; Magnaflow Cat-back; Light Racing UCAs, Wheelers 5-Leafs; OME 881s; Bilstein 5100s; Goodridge SS Brake Lines; Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on 4Runner Ltd 5-Spokes; MetalMiller TRD Skid; B.A.M.F BPV Bracket; Grey Wire, Fog Light, Power Outlet, Door Chime & DRL Mods; FUBAR Moto Bits LED Headlights; Interior, Under-hood, & Reverse LEDs; Kenwood KDC-X895 HU & KFC-C6893PS Spkrs, Sound Ordnance B-8PT Sub & Dynamat; Husky Floor Liners; UltraGauge EM; External Thermometer; Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Elite; Rhino Bed Liner; Toyota Bed Extender; SnugTop Super Sport; SolarGard Tint; CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna; Alarm w/Keyless Entry; Amsoil Lubricants; Adam's Detailing Supplies
    In addition to the advice you've received here, OP, recommend you spend some time in the Suspension forum. There's lots of good info there, but specific threads on which you should focus include the Tacoma Lift FAQ/Guide and Suspension Lift Info stickies.

FWIW, I'm very happy with the Wheeler's 5-leaf, OME 881, and Bilstein 5100 combo I'm running. IIRC, total cost was ~$1K and it lifted the truck ~2". All of the photos in my Gallery are post-lift install. (Note that I'm still running the 265/70R16 tires I had before the lift was installed. I plan to upsize, probably to the previously recommended 265/75R16s, when these tires are spent.)

2. Apr 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    A slew of pricey stuff my wife hates me for.
    If you have a decent toolbox, 2 sets of jackstands, a solid floor jack, amongst a few other things you can pull this off so long as you get the new front struts pre-assembled. Take you the whole weekend tops if you're methodical and don't break anything.

To Top