1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deck building

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Spare Parts, May 19, 2019.

1. Jun 20, 2019 at 5:53 AM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan

You are way to late to the party

2. Jun 20, 2019 at 5:59 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    Like that when I bought the house, and it would not work any where else based on the house layout.

3. Jun 20, 2019 at 7:20 AM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    As usual. Still want to beat down the dingbat.

Spare Parts[OP] likes this.
  4. Jun 20, 2019 at 7:37 AM
    ACEkraut

ACEkraut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Your solution looks good. I was going to suggest replacing the slider with a fixed full length window over the bulkhead and a normal opening door that opens to the deck but it looks like your solution is about as elegant as you are going to get. I was also going to suggest replacing the bulkhead with flat doors or very slightly inclined doors since the deck over the top will protect the bulkhead from snow load and it will not need to shed water the same way as if it was open directly to the weather.

How easy is it to open the decking doors to expose the bulkhead? Can you post a picture of that that looks like out of curiosity.

Spare Parts[OP] likes this.
  5. Jun 20, 2019 at 8:02 AM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Right now there are a few tweaks that need to be done. The front legs hit the opposite side, so one needs to be removed to open. I plan to make then swivel/swing so gravity will make them move out of the way when opening.

Once I dive back in, I’ll post up some more photos.

6. Jun 29, 2019 at 8:31 AM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    After 2 trips to Home Depot I got some more accomplished

CB90FFF9-0D46-423F-AED2-5ADF9B347B21.jpg 858B0FAF-0EE9-4AC8-83DD-659EC1856FDB.jpg E035FCCE-755B-4AB7-8FDB-AB6276ADFC81.jpg

StayinStock, ACEkraut and wilcam47 like this.
  7. Jul 7, 2019 at 7:13 PM
    markmizzou

markmizzou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    17 SR5 V6 4x4 AC AT tow pkg. Blue as they come
    A back step for when I get older, Carhartt seatcovers, 4Runner wheels, Topper, and "tats all folks"! --for now!!
    You use this basement door to get wood in the basement in the winter?? Have you given any thought to how you are going to keep this setup free of snow and ice in the winter? I think I see you live in Southern Maine - good luck with that, unless you are planning a roof over the whole thing?

wilcam47 likes this.
  8. Jul 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    Simple, shovel or snow blow like I have for the last 10 years. And, living in a Maine, wood (pellets in this case) should be in before snow flies.

9. Jul 8, 2019 at 1:33 PM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan

MUCH BETTER! Exactly what i was thinking for support! I bet it’s a bazillion times more stable?

10. Jul 8, 2019 at 1:42 PM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    The wife and I sat in our chairs on the “bridge” watching the backyard screen the last couple nights. Now the “weak” boards stand out, not the bounce as you cross.

Products Discussed in

To Top