1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decriminalized Marijuana

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TheMaster, Sep 23, 2007.

?

Do you support medicinal Marijuana and/or decriminalizing marijuana

Poll closed Dec 22, 2007.
  1. I’m support legalizing marijuana.

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. How can I get my hands on some…….

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. These leaves give me the best orgasms EVER. (OMG there IS a god out there, after all)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. I’d go to hell to get some but NOT to Canada. (Choose this answer if you are from Carolina)

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. I’m still ANAL about the friendly happy plant that I want to nuke it from the face of this earth.

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Dec 23, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    :rolleyes:

2. Dec 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Then don't smoke or chew tobacco, it is much more harmful then marijuana.

Ends, there are plenty of places in the world that marijuana is legal, Amsterdam, parts of Spain, many South American countries. Then there are many many parts of the world where marijuana is on the books but is not a high priority for law enforcement. Even within the US I believe Colorado has made possession the lowest priority for LEO's, as well as Seattle I think?

I'm quite surprised how many religious people hate Gods weed. I mean he did put it on the planet, and he did show us how to use it, he also gave us receptors in our brain to utilize ONLY that plant?

How about all the other uses for the cannabis plant other then smoking marijuana? There are literally 1000's of uses for the fibers in cannabis, everything from clothing to paper, plastics to construction materials. Many of you forget or don't know that the US was the largest producer of cannabis in the form of industrial hemp before prohibition, and even the original US constitution was printed on hemp paper! Your founding fathers smoked marijuana. You can also make ethanol from hemp fibers, and it requires much less processing then making ethanol from corn!

3. Dec 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    Ese Loco

Ese Loco Taco Man Sam

Member:
    Vero Beach, FL / Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Legal Florida Tint all-around, 1.5" add-a-leaf, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Light Racing Coilovers, Removed secondary air filter, K&N airfilter, Amsoil 100% synthetic motor oil, Amsoil synthetic severe gear in rear differential, Differential breather mod, Painted rims and logo's black, amsoil oil filter
    Sonjay has a very good point.

Back in high school i attended a lecture on the effects of drugs on our brains. Ironically enough they proceeded to tell us how our brain has THC receptors that are made for THC which most know is the active chemical that creates the "high" from marijuana. This is very different from most other drugs and even prescription drugs that often imitate another chemicals that are produced naturally in our bodies.

As i can imagine was the exact opposite desired effect by the faculty, every student left that hall thinking that weed is actually MADE FOR OUR BODIES unlike other drugs out there. This could be seen with the blatant question from one student,"so weed is made for our bodies?"........That is a big yes.:D

And to ENDS i say you are absolutely right. A vaporizer is by far the healthiest way to smoke if done right. No smoke, No tars, No carcinogens = Happy :rasta:

4. Dec 24, 2009 at 12:11 PM
    Ends

Ends Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry man, not really. Using your examples.

Amsterdam have stepped it up, busting coffee shops and more laws. For one, they can't sell weed and booze in the same venue. They are only to have 500grams at one time. They have a huge underground set of runners, suppling the shops, who if they get busted, go to JAIL. It is accepted in their culture, tolerated, and you wont go to jail for smoking a jay, or having a half o on you, but is still illegal in the long run. Ie, growing 750 plants, for example.

Spain-I love their weed culture. My parents are from Barcelona, and spend a good time each year there. Growing, for personal usage is now very acceptable. I do believe you are able to grow up to 5 plants, without being deemed a drug dealer, and thus not go to jail. Like i said again, Spain has a great culture, just look where every pack of papers is made (spain). However, i forget the loop hole, but you can not transport more then a certin amount. And is in no way, a legal substance.

SA. Sure, it grows everywhere, and everyone has it. Jamaica, grows on the side of the road. But if you try to bring it back with you, your fucked. If you happen to get stopped by the army, and can't bride them, you fucked again.

Im sure my info is not 100% correct, but saying weed is legal (defined with no ramifications, regardless of amount or use) is just not the case. Smokes are legal, and i can have any amount i want on me, at any time, where ever i go. Not the case with weed. Same goes for Tylenol, red bull and candy. Get what im trying to say?

Legal vs toleration vs acceptance are not all in the same.

5. Dec 24, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Boy the way this thing is headed, you would think someone had mistaken weed for some new health drink.

6. Dec 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    :laugh:

7. Dec 24, 2009 at 1:08 PM
    Ends

Ends Well-Known Member

Member:
    :rolleyes:
    Only better for you, with less sugar.

Hey, just working with what people give me. :D

8. Dec 24, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    masterblaster

masterblaster Active Member

Member:
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    pre-owner
    unless you've got proof of God teaching folks how to toke up, thats kind of a loaded statement. As far as the part of the brain that processes THC....there are many parts of the human body that are not required for our living, some things are outright useless, e.g, wisdom teeth, male nipples, coccyx, etc. the argument could be made that this part of the brain falls in line with these unnecessary parts of the body.

you bring up a good point with the other uses for crop....as you said, our founders did indeed grow crop for industrial hemp use, that does not necessarily mean they smoked pot. Hemps use as an energy source could very well be the largest reason politicians will never legalize marijuana in the US....could you imagine what that would do to the relationship between politicians and oil companies....not good

9. Dec 24, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    Ese Loco

Ese Loco Taco Man Sam

Member:
    Vero Beach, FL / Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6 6-speed
    Legal Florida Tint all-around, 1.5" add-a-leaf, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Light Racing Coilovers, Removed secondary air filter, K&N airfilter, Amsoil 100% synthetic motor oil, Amsoil synthetic severe gear in rear differential, Differential breather mod, Painted rims and logo's black, amsoil oil filter
    C'mon meow,
    When was the last time your nipples did anything for you?
    Last time i checked those THC receptors kept me off prescription pain killers when i broke my wrist so i can say from personal experience that they are not worthless.

THC receptors > Male nipples

10. Dec 24, 2009 at 4:19 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    the god put it here theory is lame...He also put the forbidden fruit here. Just because its growing out of the ground it doesnt make it safe. noone smokes poison ivy.

However, everybody has there own body and can make there own choices. Your only messing yourself up. You smoking weed doesnt kill my braincells. just like alcohol. get shit faced, idc, just dont pose a threat to me.

11. Dec 24, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Now don't be so quick to judge... I would guarantee that someone here has smoked things close to poison ivy!!! :eek: :) :confused:

My thoughts about life and weed... we all do things in life that eiterh get us closer to what we want or further away from what we want. Best thing s in life are obtained from faith, relationships, respect, discipline and time management. I just don't know where the weed fits in... Just sayin' :rolleyes: Not saying I never did it, just saying that it's not the best investment in ones life.

MERRY Christmas!!! Sober or not!!! :)

12. Dec 24, 2009 at 11:14 PM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    people think of smokers as potheads who are dumb as fuck and dont do shit.
    thats like me saying all drinkers are binge drinkers who are alcoholics.

personally im extremely close with family and friends. and i smoke. and im getting great grades in college. i play and record/produce music. computer fanatic. and go to the gym/workout everyday.

REALISTICALY USING IN MODERATION
    weed does not hurt u at all. SMOKING it does, becuase its bad for your lungs. which is why some people have brought up the vaporizer or edibles.

but it really is eveyrones opinion.

merry christmas!

13. Dec 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM
    jnolan88

jnolan88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land of the free my ass. i don't need some cop pushing his/her beliefs on me as to what is right and wrong. what i do or don't do in my own house is/ should be up to me.

14. Dec 25, 2009 at 8:24 AM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    It is good to see that mature people can have a conversation without the usual rhetoric! That just shows how things have changed in the last 10 years! I think if it helps people, they should be able to use it freely. That goes for more then just licensed users, as someone said they have used it instead of pain killers for braking their arm, I use marijuana instead of prescription anti-depressants and ritalin for my ADD. Moderation is key just like anything else.

Merry Christmas everyone! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

15. Jan 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'm way too lazy to find any links but it is used in many countries as a sleep aid. it is also used to make people eat. when i use to work in the psych ward we had a guy who was convinced all his food was being poisoned and refused to eat anything except one cup of oatmeal a day at breakfast. once he dropped down to 105 lbs we were gonna have to take him to a hospital if we couldn't fatten him up. we gave him marinol (synthetic thc in pill form) and not only did he clean his plates, but we had to watch him to make sure he didnt steal food. that same pill has been used to treat anorexia patients. i don't think there is much on this planet that can't be useful to us in some way. weed is no miracle drug but like most plants and herbs it does have its advantages

16. Jan 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here is some of the vast scientific evidence. Of coarse in the US the DEA controls who does any research on marijuana, and I believe they have not issued a permit to study marijuana in 10 years or something like that. Also it costs a lot of money to do these research studies and since the big drug companies can't patten a plant, they don't really care about spending the money.

Marijuana as an Antiemetic for Cancer http://medmjscience.org/Pages/science/zeesestates.html
    http://medmjscience.org/Pages/science/vinciguerra.html

Cannabis for pain and stroke relief.
    http://medmjscience.org/Pages/science/emerging.html

Potential therapeutic value of cannabinoids
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7002

Some facts and myths about Marijuana
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

I smoke marijuana for a couple of reasons, one is my ADD. I used to be on ritalin when I was younger and it was a terrible drug. Marijuana works so much better for my ADD, also it helps with depression much better then prescription drugs and hunger as nd already pointed out.

17. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Where's the study on motivation and better relationships?

18. Jan 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i cant agree with legalizing it making the quality go down. during prohibition people were going out and drinking bathtub gin. go to your local liquor store and pick up a barrel of single barrel jack daniels and tell me that legalizing it made quality go down. i'd rather it be regulated so i know if i pay $120 for a quarter of good stuff, i am getting one quarter of the good stuff.

19. Jan 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    no no no, you're thinking of the time julie caught you looking at the underground. taht was a concussion, not weed.

for the record, pot is alot stronger now than it was. the average strength back then was 5 to 10 percent, now the thc levels are in the low 20's. same kind of lazy high, just more intense. new genetic cross breeds and all that jazz.

yeah but its also cool to break the law, so keeping it illegal they will still smoke it jsut to "look cool" as you say. although personally i dont know anyone who smokes weed just to look cool. hell, even in high school i barely knew anyone like that

20. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    of course i'm gonna give you flak, but i like you, you're another red blooded gun toting American like myself, so i won't stoop to name calling... yet :D

my only problem with your statement, is that you have never smoked it, and you talk about the affects on the body like you know about them first hand. my parents are the same way, they lump weed into the same category as meth and pcp and cocaine, but they've never tried it so they really dont know how it affects people. i dont care about making it legal because it will raise money, thats just a nice bonus. i want to make it legal because it is non harmful and it should be a choice, and nobody in this country should be able to tell me what i can and cant put in my body. when i say its non harmful, i am speaking of the drug itself. if you eat it or use a vaporizer then there are zero negative side effects (aside from munchies). i'm for freedom, and logical sensical laws. making pot illegal goes against how i think people should live their lives. if its not hurting others, it should be your choice, nobody elses.

i agree with you for the most part except for weed repairing cells. i have not researched that so i can't speak about it intelligently but it doesn't sound right to me. but you are right, it certainly DOES NOT kill brain cells. the brain is as strong as you make it. i felt smarter in high school and college than i do now, not because i smoke, but because i rarely excercise my brain. puzzles, sodoku's, books, all that kind of stuff makes your brain more responsive. tv, laying around, doing nothing all make your brain atrophy. weed does not kill brain cells, but it does lead you to do activities that do not nourish your brain like you should. weed killing brain cells is a very common misconception.

Products Discussed in

To Top