1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decriminalized Marijuana

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TheMaster, Sep 23, 2007.

?

Do you support medicinal Marijuana and/or decriminalizing marijuana

Poll closed Dec 22, 2007.
  1. I’m support legalizing marijuana.

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. How can I get my hands on some…….

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. These leaves give me the best orgasms EVER. (OMG there IS a god out there, after all)

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. I’d go to hell to get some but NOT to Canada. (Choose this answer if you are from Carolina)

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. I’m still ANAL about the friendly happy plant that I want to nuke it from the face of this earth.

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
  2. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'd technically be a libertarian, but i vote republican, and i'm pro legalization.

3. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i don't think anyone is gonna argue that it is detrimental to motivation, but since me and my gf started smoking together, our relationship hasn't been better. i'm the kind of person that needs to unwind. for most of my adult life i used booze to do that. i'm not a super aggressive person but i have some aggressive personality traits. so when i drink, its much easier to set me off than when i'm sober. this cause lots of problems, me blowing up, blowing things out of proportion, cutting her cats whiskers off because it bit me, etc....

but i am much more pleasant and laid back when i'm sober, and even more so when i'm high. so me cutting my booze intake by 90% has helped us more than i can say. we are happier now than ever.

4. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i do agree that its nice to have an actual online conversation without name calling

5. Jan 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    Ends

Ends Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just a theory, but this is why i think "quality" would take a hit.

Imagine it becomes legal, and this huge new market for pot smokers comes up. Its going to be fair game, and who do you think it going to step up and take the first swing, the tobacco companies. Makes sense, they are allready in the smoking market. However, they are in the money market, and i bet you they will find other additives to trow in their joints, keeping cost down, easier to mass produce, might even toss in some tobacco in there to make sure we stick with it.

But dont worrie, i don't expect to see over the counter weed ANY time soon.

And if i had to pay 120 for a quad, no way in hell. I would rather grow my own...oh wait....:D

6. Jan 7, 2010 at 5:29 PM
    comatosed

comatosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD Sport
    TRD roof rack, Roof Basket, Weather Tech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Eclipse AVN726E dvd/nav, kicker door speakers, 8" kicker sub & amp, fox 2.0 coil overs, moab 2.0 front bumper, Full CBI Skid Set, CBI Offroad rear Bumper, CBI Sliders, BFG AT KO 2, Leer Topper setup for camping. Other mods-full synthetic, carbon filter, de-badged, center console lock.

Over the counter weed is already happening at dispensaries in places like california, colorado, oregon.

I guess you need a doctors recommendation but still....

7. Jan 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    pretty close....... from what i understand

8. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    Ends

Ends Well-Known Member

Member:
    That is in no way the same. Being issued a cannabis card aka doctors note and getting weed from that is compeltely diffrent from the whole legal aspect of this thread.

Also, many of the people who need to smoke, and have their cards (here in canada anyway) have legal, government approved grow rooms in their houses, because the amount they need, and the prices from the doctors are just too much. Also, i do belive there is a limit for how much one under a doctors note can get, with many resorting to growing or gripping from dealers.

And i state my first comment. 120 for a quad :eek: people, please tell me you don't pay that much?!?!

9. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    thats what a bag of fire costs around here. i use to pay $90 but my guys supplier got busted, so the only alternative what a more expensive supplier. although if you buy a half its $200

10. Jan 8, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    cko

cko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NoVa
    Vehicle:
    '09 Timberland Mica DC/LB
    I was too lazy to read the entire thread but...

Legalize? No.
    Decriminalize? Yes.

11. Jan 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I guess I may be confused but if it is not a crime then it must be legal? :confused:

12. Jan 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    cko

cko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NoVa
    Vehicle:
    '09 Timberland Mica DC/LB
    Being legal and not being a criminal offense are two different things. Think of a speeding ticket, you're breaking a law but it's not a criminal offense instead just a violation.
    For instance, in Virginia, carrying up to an ounce is decriminalized (you can't go to jail no matter how many times you do it).

I don't think people should go to jail for smoking, but I don't think it should be legal either.

13. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  14. Jan 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    I do not agree with this statement nd. There is no proof that this is true, and plant physiology makes it not possible. The plant can only produce so much THC it is a genetic thing, yes you can improve growing methods that is where people get confused, weed in the 70's was mostly grown outdoors, most weed today is indoor where the environment is completely controlled by the grower.

This is from http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?url=http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Myth: Marijuana Is More Potent Today Than In The Past. Adults who used marijuana in the 1960s and 1970s fail to realize that when today's youth use marijuana they are using a much more dangerous drug.

Fact: When today's youth use marijuana, they are using the same drug used by youth in the 1960s and 1970s. A small number of low-THC samples seized by the Drug Enforcement Administration are used to calculate a dramatic increase in potency. However, these samples were not representative of the marijuana generally available to users during this era. Potency data from the early 1980s to the present are more reliable, and they show no increase in the average THC content of marijuana. Even if marijuana potency were to increase, it would not necessarily make the drug more dangerous. Marijuana that varies quite substantially in potency produces similar psychoactive effects.

There are 24 states right now with legislation to tax, regulate, and legalize marijuana. I wish Canada would follow a similar direction.

You really pay $120 1/4? Holy smokes I can get an OZ for $125! Not that I need to...

15. Jan 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    good compromise

here's the best way i can explain it. it is illegal to drink in public on clemson campus. i cant walk into the library with an open beer. if you pull up to the middle of campus and unload a cooler full of beer and start drinking and grilling you get a ticket, if not arrested. BUT. On game day, everyone and there mother is shotgunning beers, making mixed drinks, grilling, littering etc, making fools of themselves. they didn't make it legal to drink on campus during games, they just turn a blind eye. you can chug a beer in front of a cop and he wont say a damn thing. but its technically still illegal. they can haul you in if they want, but they just dont. you can still get arrested if you are yelling obscenities, or fighting or just so drunk you are literally laying in a pile of vomit, but as long as you're being cool, you get left alone. still illegal, they just dont care. decriminalized pot is teh same way. in amsterdam you wont get arrested for smoking at a coffee shop, but if you are walkign down the street with a bong, taking hits.... chances are you're gonna get at least a fine.

16. Jan 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    an oz of good stuff here is closer to $400. i can get an oz of cheap stuff for around $150 but daddy don't touch ditch weed :D

ok, let me rephrase what i said earlier. perhaps its not that the plant is stronger, but due to cross breeding and new grow techniques the plants more commonly reach their peak potential than they did back in the day. either way, stronger higher quality stuff is more readily available than back in the day. at least thats how i interpret what i read.

17. Jan 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    Always gotta go with the good stuff :rasta:, dirt weed just gives me headaches. Worst case scenario i can get an oz of dirt for 120 (blunt weed).

Marijuana should just be decriminalized but not legalized. That way our country won't become a bunch of lazy broke potheads and the cops can focus on more important matters.

18. Jan 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Haha yeah good call on the ditch weed man! I'm lucky enough to live in an area where all the weed is good! Even the cheap stuff.

I totally agree with what your saying now! By saying it the other way you make it sound like the plant is more bad then it is I think? I would agree many more people now have the ability and technology to grow much higher quality stuff! However thats nots necessarily bad, they used to use all sorts of pesticides and chemicals on the crops in Mexico, and the US gov't even sprayed some chemical on weed plants in Columbia. It was thought people wouldn't smoke it if they knew it had chemicals on it or something like that? Now you can buy organic weeds, and for the most part indoor grows need little in the way of pest management during the grow. You can sterilize the room afterwards!

19. Jan 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i'm definintely not saying the increased strength is bad, i wish it were stronger!

20. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    x2 on the decriminalization

Products Discussed in

To Top