1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dedicated off road tires for 2wd?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by cactuscorn, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn [OP] Another FNG

Member:
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 BBR TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL
    OEM bedmat, Weather Tech mats, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, blue LED dome light and every cubbyhole filled with crap.
    i was havin a discussion with a tw guy about tires for my 2010 v6 2wd dbl cab long bed prerunner. heres what i want:
    • some dedicated off road rubber that will allow me to play in the dirt, rocks and sand here in the el paso area. i dont wanna ruin my truck tryin to be a bad ass or do this every day, just wanna have a good time once in awhile
    • keep the stock 145/75/16 dunlops and mount them onto some kmc xd hoss wheels for some flashy street/hwy use 99.9% of the time.
    • use the factory alloys for whatever all terrain tires i choose. my thought is the alloys are already in hand and i wouldnt get enough on craigslist to justify replacing them with somethin else that may only see the occasional monthly weekend.
    • NO modding of truck for fit. off road is not my focus so they must be a bolt on item.
    • cost is a issue so lets say $200 each, the closer to $100 per the better.
    he digs his hankook dynapro atm's and thinks the biggest tire i could get away with is a 265/75/16. the biggest they make is a 70. what say you? thanx folks!

2. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail
    a 165/75/16 would be like a doughnut. I think you want to go with a 265. You would probably like the goodyear duratrac.

3. Mar 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    cactuscorn

Member:
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    OEM bedmat, Weather Tech mats, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, blue LED dome light and every cubbyhole filled with crap.
    yer right. i screwed up. 265's it is. way to go pickin the $200 tire pal, but ive been a long time goodday fan so maybe thats a fine way to go. thanx

4. Mar 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    come on cactus, you know you want the hankooks :p

shit, you are only an hour away from me. i can meet you halfway in oro grande or red sands or somethin so you can take a look at my tires to see what you think about them

5. Mar 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    they do make a 265/75/16. i looked at them for months before i finally decided to go with my 285/75/16

6. Mar 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    cactuscorn

Member:
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    didnt see those but i didnt look mega hard either. pissed around some then stopped at tirerack. lookin wont tell me much but id be happy to take a drive with the furry kids and say hi. what else does a outta work fool have to do?

ran into a neighbor on the way home tonight who had some damn rubbery crap mounted on some damn gen 1 steel crap askin 2 bills for the whole mess. i might go that way for now but that doesnt mean i cant learn from you guys. and yeah, i asked him to join tw

7. Mar 18, 2011 at 5:01 AM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2
    x2 hankooks

To Top