1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deep key scratch - help :(

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Gsidiro, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Aug 4, 2020 at 10:05 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Get yourself a touch up kit by Dr. ColorChip. For less than $100 it's worth a try, and there's a lot of really great feedback from professional detailers about this product. https://www.drcolorchip.com/demo/videos.php

2. Aug 4, 2020 at 10:13 AM
    TacoBuffet

TacoBuffet Well-Known Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    Taco #13, 2022 OR DCSB Cemint
    5100s, TE37s, Wildpeaks, Tint, Bedmat, LEDs
    I would be livid, WTF is wrong with people. Good luck OP, I'd use whatever paint and body shop the dealer recommends / uses. In 6 months it will be a distant memory.

Side note, in 2008, new baby airman, came out of gym on base to find I was hit and ran the person managed to damage like you all 3 panels, of course had to take care of myself. USAA adjuster came out, felt super bad (was a brand new vehicle) and wrote me an estimate for all new panels, paint, etc. (OEM), I opted for them to deposit it into my account, think it came out to $2000 minus my $500 deductible. I then went to the dealer / body shop and had them quote me, they will push or open up with "how much did insurance decide it would be" just tell them you are paying out of pocket as they are trying to get the full insurance quote / payment even if it costs less. Ended up costing me $1600, so managed to save and pocket the rest and never showed up on the carfax come trade in.

Gsidiro[OP] likes this.
  3. Aug 17, 2020 at 5:40 AM
    Winch

Winch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR MT V6
    None yet
    I had some idiot key my brand new Solara years ago and I was fricking livid. OP, get it fixed properly so it doesn't bug you for the next 10 years.

4. Aug 19, 2020 at 8:30 PM
    gotoman1969

gotoman1969 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Antonio, TX United States
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Tacoma PreRunner
    3" ToyTec coilovers, JBA UCA's, Bilstein 5100's
    Have a friend who owns a very good body shop, I’m 100% he would also do a 3 panel paint. The entire door, the fender and blend it to the front and blend into the rear door. Youll never know it happened. A good paint guy can blend into adjacent panels and you’ll never know. Good luck. Damn people!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top