1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

defective radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by skistoy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jul 9, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    skistoy

skistoy [OP] Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    took truck to dealer about defective radio. volume knob stops working, function knob will only allow you adjust 1 number, radio just shuts off. of coarse these problems are intermitant. Everything worked fine for them when i took it in. they could not duplicate any problems. I explained that the problems were intermintant and a known problem ( after reading about them here ). Of coarse they never heard of any problems and could not do anything. :( they stated there would of been a tsb if there was a problem. so i put my problem to them in another way . I asked if they were telling me i had to live with a defective radio in my new 30k truck. ( i may of been a little more exsplisive ) Demanded to speak with someone else. Luckly the service manager was next to her and heard everything. he reluntantly told her to order a new radio.

Now this week, took truck in to have radio replaced. seeing i was bring it in decided to have auto starter installed also. left truck there all day. picked truck up from the starter girl, works great. asked me if i talked to service dept about the radio. went to service and they now tell me the radio is on 4-6 week back order???? but like they said there is no problems.

Any one else having porblems with Northtown Toyota , buffalo NY

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Regualr Cab 4x4 2.7L
    Nice first post!

To Top