1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Defined Engineering srping under kit ??????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sully1981, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Jan 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    sully1981

sully1981 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 SPORT 4x4
    Solo XLT 19" 4WD Kit and 4-Link w/32" cycled, Caged, 41 gallon fuel cell, 2.5 bypass and coil-overs up front, 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil-over in rear, PCI radio w/intercom and 5 headsets, 50" KC Gravity LED, 20" GG-lighting LED bar, Method Hole Wheels, Currie 9", URD CAI, 37x12.5x17 BAJA T/A, PRP Seats, Glassworks 6.5" front, Fiberwerx Bedsides.
    I am about ready to pull the plug and buy the defined engineering rear spring under kit. Does anyone have any experience with this kit. I am thinking about starting with the basic kit and then upgrading from there. With this basic kit do i need brake line extenders? also I don't have the money for shocks just yet so can i use my 5100's? Will i need limit straps? will adding 3" bump stops later be to much rebound with this set up.

Basically any input about this kit and if doing the basic kit compared to stage one kit in the beginning is appreciated.

2. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    zeropresence

zeropresence Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOLD the Tacoma. Landcruiser life now.
    I know someone running this kit. I would call or e-mail him and ask these questions, he is very helpful. Measure your 5100s I don't know anything about the 5100 series, limit straps are a good idea and you will need brake lines. You are running a deaver pack with 2'' of lift without extended rear brake lines?

3. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Nicks4x4LT

Nicks4x4LT Official Villain

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    714 Orange county
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 V6
    Custom front bumper, Icon 2.5 ext. travel coilovers, Defined rear long travel King smooties w/ resi. Avid Offroad sliders, Fiberwerx front fenders, Glassworks Shorty TT style rear glass, URD MAF calibrator, DT shorty headers, URD TCAI, Magnaflow catback
    im getting mine installed later this week, mike is very helpful, He is Defined on here, you can pm him if you have any questions.

4. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    zeropresence

zeropresence Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOLD the Tacoma. Landcruiser life now.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/long-travel-suspension/149970-defined-engineering.html

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170158&highlight=defined+shock+hoop

5. Jan 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    sully1981

sully1981 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 SPORT 4x4
    Solo XLT 19" 4WD Kit and 4-Link w/32" cycled, Caged, 41 gallon fuel cell, 2.5 bypass and coil-overs up front, 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil-over in rear, PCI radio w/intercom and 5 headsets, 50" KC Gravity LED, 20" GG-lighting LED bar, Method Hole Wheels, Currie 9", URD CAI, 37x12.5x17 BAJA T/A, PRP Seats, Glassworks 6.5" front, Fiberwerx Bedsides.

yeah i don't have any extensions right now.

I checked out those other links. Definately bringing more questions to mind. Especially with bed saver cage. I like loading my bike up once in a while for my trips and going to have to make sure whatever is built in my bed is taking up as least room as possible.

I spoke with mike a little bit today but had horrible service on my cell so was kind of hard to talk. Hopefully though i can get the cash together and get down to him to make my order soon. Eitherway I believe its the cheapest route with best performance at this point since i don't have $10,000 to give to DMZ to fab a LT Rear end for me.

I don't have money for shocks right now along with the SUA kit so this makes it good for me as well since i can piece it together and keep using my truck while doing it along the way.

What are the smooth body 2.5 that are suggested here for this kit?

To Top