1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Delete..or is it cleanup?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by caribe makaira, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    caribe makaira

caribe makaira [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
  2. Nov 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    mines a little different i think
    [​IMG]

3. Nov 18, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    just replied to your pm, ill go look at the right headlight, give me a sec

4. Nov 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    had to find 3 pairs of sunglasses to wear to see them lol (my welding helmet is at the shop) but i can def say that only one filament is lit at a time ie. when the lights are on high, only the highs are on. there is NO power going to the low or vice versa when the lows are on

edit: and the reason i used the prong on the relay that i did, was because i thought it was the same one the older trucks use, only our relay is 180 out from the old trucks... will it work with the other prong too?

yeah i dont know about any of that, i hate electricity, its the anti-christ.... and like i said in the other posts, i did all this before i read that someone else done it.. just tinkering ya know... but i can say i drove all over town and was playing with every setting (hi-lo-no headlights-and playing with the fogs) and i havent had any problems. i felt the wires and they are not getting hot... NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER PEOPLES STUFF HERE

5. Nov 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD D/C
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
    I did this mod yesterday the same way. I ran a wire from the foglight relay to the seat heater circuit which the truck does not have anyway. The only difference is that I added an inline fuse just in case. Works great.

6. Nov 18, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    yeah i am going to add a fuse tomorrow too

7. Nov 19, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    sherlock

sherlock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok, understand how you do the mod but exactly what does the mod accomplish?

8. Nov 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM
    Vito Corleone

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    3" Lift, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 285/75/16 Michelin LTD On TRD Wheels, 20% Tint, Front Skid Plate, Agri Cover Tonneau Cover. Bed Mat, Bed Extender, Tinted Taillamps, Silverstar Ultra Headlamp, Foglamp, DRL/Turn Signal Bulbs, LED Map Light, Dome Light, Reverse Light, Tag Light, And Front Marker Light Bulbs, Stainless Side Steps, Locking Bed Storage Compartment, Foglight Anytime Mod, LED Daytime Running Light Strips (Same As On XSP-X Package), Heated Leather Seats, And TRD Supercharger With URD Pulley. More To Come ...
    It allows you to turn your foglights on anytime the key is on without headlights and also with highbeam headlights on.

9. Nov 19, 2011 at 2:37 PM
    sherlock

sherlock Well-Known Member

Member:

I got it, thanks! I did a similar mod on the 2003 Ford Lightning I had.

10. Nov 19, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    drwoodr

drwoodr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4X4 SR5
    side steps, heated seats, tonneau cover, rocky mounts, RAAMMat, 12v outlet in dash
    But the question remains, why? This is illegal in many states, including my state (Pa). I'm not sure if it is legal in some states.

11. Nov 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    Vito Corleone

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Why not? It is a very simple mod. I don't run just the foglights at night but if I am on a dark road and want more light, I can run the foglights with the highbeams.

12. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    drwoodr

drwoodr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4X4 SR5
    side steps, heated seats, tonneau cover, rocky mounts, RAAMMat, 12v outlet in dash
    In Pennsylvania, this mod is grounds for failing the state vehicle inspection:

Pa Code § 175.80. Inspection procedure.

(9) Check the lamps and lenses and reject if one or more of the following apply:
    (x) The fog lamps operate with the high beams of the headlamps or are substituted for the low beams.

13. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    Vito Corleone

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Fortunately, in Georgia, we don't have a law like that. There are lots of vehicles with this type of mod here.

14. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    thats the beauty of this mod, just unplug the jumper for inspection... then plug it back in

15. Nov 25, 2011 at 1:30 PM
    MrsPib

MrsPib Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '09 SWB 4.0 6-speed semi-debadged
    clear DTRLs, AMO Buckshots, factory upgrades, lifted
    Will this work for a 2009? I'm leaning towards the jumper-wire solution, as it looks simple and removable if needed. Is it confirmed that the wire-jumper solution in post #2 is a good solution, or did it need to be altered at all?

16. Nov 26, 2011 at 4:40 AM
    Vito Corleone

Member:
    Canton, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    It will work for 2009. On the 2009, the foglight relay is in the main fuse box unlike the 2012.

17. Nov 27, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    MrsPib

MrsPib Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    I'd be interested in hearing about one of those ways. One solution we found reqiures cutting a wire and jumping another, but the cuttiing would void a part of the warranty, I'm sure.

18. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    Here are some pics of everything you need to do on the 2012 ONLY. I used a 10a fuse. seems to work fine.
    I messed the wiring up on the white side, thats why it looks like shit, i just covered it up with shrink wrap lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Nov 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    yeah its stuff i had lying around lol it all squeezes under the cover and looks oem from the outside, i might get bored and clean it up one day, but for now, she'll ride ;-)

20. Nov 28, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    MrsPib

MrsPib Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
To Top