1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

--Delete--

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MY50cal, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Apr 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    X2, amen broddah

2. Apr 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    It used to bother me to a point but never did I feel like I had to start a thread (like this one) to complain about it. The fact is, if you don't like it, IGNORE IT.

I have changed my combative ways in regard to this issue because good forum members like Toku and Chris have lead by example and I've come to realize that there are better ways to handle it. For example, instead of complaining about it, why not kindly answer their questions and then point out how to find it via search. You'd be surprised, like Janster said, how many people are internet noobies and simply don't know any better. Besides, this is a great forum with great people, why ruin it?

But the bottom line is, you can choose to ignore it or you can choose to be a dick. The choice is yours.

3. Apr 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    The only thing that bothers me is when people ask about stickies.

But I mean honestly, try the search function and you come back with 90% useless posts.

Btw, what does TSB stand for?

4. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I'll usually mention the search in reply but include a link that answers the question. That way you remind them that the search is up there without coming across like a jerk.

5. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
  6. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal [OP] ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
  7. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Only issue I have is people wanting to know what "WE" think looks best on Their truck. Looks are a very subjective thing, and differ from person to person.
    Similar thing with tires. What works in/on one type of terrain might not work for others.

8. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    MY50cal

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yep.

Good Point. :thumbsup:

9. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    You just have to refine how you search.
    For example:
    Standard Search
    If I search on Bilstein, I get 500 hits. You'll get every post that mentions Bilstein.

"AND" Search
    If I search on Bilstein 5100, I get 244 hits. It's the equivalent of saying give me a result that has "Bilstein" AND "5100" in it. You'll get any post that mentions both Bilstein and 5100. Any thread could mention both Bilstein or 5100, but at least one post in the thread has to have both terms in it or it won't be a hit.

Phrase Search
    If I search on "Bilstein 5100" (in quotes) I get 192 hits. You'll get any post where the specific phrase Bilstein 5100 appears (Bilstein immediately followed by 5100).

Combined
    If I search on "Bilstein 5100" 1st gen , I get 1 hit.

Excluding terms
    Also, if you add the word "not" to a term, it will exclude posts that have that term in it. For example, in the "Bilstein 5100" search, there's a post about 1998 4-Runner (third one down). So if I search on "Bilstein 5100" not runner it'll eliminate that result.

There are more options in the Advanced search box.
    Titles Only
    You can limit the search to "Search Titles Only". That would get you only threads that mention the search term in the title (so you wouldn't get "The Useless Posts" Thread as a result to a Bilstein search). Searching Bilstein with "Search Titles Only" results in only 89 hits whereas in the first attempt, it resulted in 500 hits. Plus, the posts are more likely to be relevant since the terms are in the title of the thread.

Specific Forums
    You can choose specific forums by holding down the <CTRL> button while selecting the forums you are interested in. So if I search using Bilstein and select only the 1st Gen and the Suspension forum, I get 359 hits (vs 500 above). If I choose only the 1st Gen forum, that number drops to 69 hits. If I add "Search Titles Only", I get 3 threads.

Wildcard
    You can also use the * wildcard. So if I'm interested in Signature pics, I could search Sig* and "Search Titles Only" and get any post that has the three letters s-i-g at the beginning of a word in the title (e.g. Sig banners, Signature banners) but you'll also get results like "Sign in" but you wouldn't get a term like "Assign" since the sig is not at the beginning of the word. Putting the * in the middle of a term can help with commonly misspelled words (e.g. searching on Bilst*n would hit on Bilstein or Bilstien).

"OR" search
    For an "or" "Search Titles Only" search, if I search on Sig or Signature, I'll only get Title threads that have either Sig or Signature in the title(eliminates the "Sign In") result.

10. Apr 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    MY50cal

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yep.
    Very nice! :thumbsup: now it just needs to be put in the "sit info" tab.... which probably has 10 visits :tumbleweed:

11. Apr 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    sdnicker2000

sdnicker2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Mostly Stock 08 TRD Sport
    Rear spring TSB, Fumoto Valve, No A/C on defrost mod., tailgate theft mod.
    Well...Did you search for MY opinion before you posted this thread? HA HA just kidding! Yeah I agree with you but I also belong to a forum (for my Nissan Titan) and no matter what you post or what question you ask there is always someone that will try to "bust your balls". Let's not let this forum with all the great info and informative people we have here get to that point!

12. Apr 25, 2009 at 2:45 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Im doing a seaerch on your Avitar!!!! ^^^^^^^

Giggity!!!

13. Apr 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM
    Pestilence

Pestilence Active Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Tinted windows LOL, they look sharp as shit tho...
    ^^^agreed^^^

Products Discussed in

To Top